Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Help with parameters/travel speeds
- - By edbanks Date 05-05-2007 20:56
Equipment, miller autoinvision II. Material is 1/4" steel. I have one over head, circular weld. One butt joint that joins two 60" diameter tubes radially. Another radial weld that joins a baffle to the tube and lastly one flat weld that is the "tubing seam." All parts are tack welded prior by hand then will be sent to this robot for finishing.

What i'm hoping to do is be able to spray-pulse the entire thing, using various travel/wire speeds for the different position welds. Is this possible or will I need some other transfer mode? Can anyone suggest some initial wire/travel speeds? I'm a robot engineer who got stuck on a job with no weld engineer. I've looked through various resources including this site and have only come up with pieces. I can get it dialed in, but I just need some baseline values/ideas to help get me started. Thanks!!
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 05-06-2007 00:24
WWW.weldreality.com  Buy the books,,, and you may not need a welding engineer.. they are that thorough.

Pulse is reasonable for out of position stuff for sure... .0.45 for everything.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Help with parameters/travel speeds