Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / 80 model Sa-200 wiring diagrams?
- - By fordracing89 Date 05-06-2007 01:38
Ladies and Gent's my Dad is having some issues with his 1980 model SA 200 gas welder

The machine is not trying to arc. When you strike the rod it idles up but does not weld. 

He has been welding since before I was a kid and knows more than I could ever hope to know but is not too swift when it comes to computers and internet communication. If anyone has the wiring diagrams for an SA200 and would be willing to send them to me my email is fordracing89@gmail.com Unfortunately I am not near my Dad because my wife and I are military but we have been on the mobile phones for hours trying to troubleshoot the issue. I have searched all around the web with little to no results even paid for the wiring diagrams through Alldata -- don't waste your money they don't have the Lincoln SA 200 diagrams even though they listed them.

His welder is his means of income and is out of work til he can get it up and running again. Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided.
Parent - - By JTMcC (***) Date 05-06-2007 01:45
What part of the country is your Dad located in?

JTMcC.
Parent - - By fordracing89 Date 05-06-2007 01:47
Houston Texas, while we are here in South Carolina.
Parent - - By JTMcC (***) Date 05-06-2007 04:46
If he's in Houston there are several places close by that have worked on thousands of SA-200's, and if the machine is his living (and mine are) then he could easily get it fixed quickly.
Call Lincoln tech line and request a wiring diagram. They have always been very helpfull to me.

JTMcC.
Parent - By fordracing89 Date 05-08-2007 02:41
Called Lincoln today, unfortunately I got home a few minutes too late and got an answering machine. Since I have yet to hear from my Dad-->playing phone tag I can only assume he got it fixed. I remember when I was 5 and he was working on a different Sa200 and he ended up almost cutting off one of his fingers trying to keep it running ( he ended up selling in the mid 80s and taking a sprinkler fitter job to support us through hard times) 

I was there supporting my Dad by holding his cold bud in a can while he worked, when it happened he told me 'run get a towel from your mama boy' so I brought back a couple of paper towels my mom handed me, even though we spent a few hours in the emergency room that Friday night he was back welding Monday to feed us. Then two months later we were riding the go-kart he had built for us some time ago and I ended up in the emergency room for sutures as well. Now 26 yrs later I work in an Emergency room..

JTM -- I know he knows of at least once place that works on them there near Crosby as he was having radiator trouble a few months ago and they told him 800 for one. Some of you older fellows on here may actually know him if you have travelled over the years. I spent most of my child hood moving where the work was.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / 80 model Sa-200 wiring diagrams?