Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / GTAW Trailing Shields?
- - By Zeek (**) Date 05-14-2007 17:22
I'm fabricating my own trailing shields when I'm welding flat material, however I was wondering whether there were off the shelf type trailers out there somewhere.  I saw a company online called PWT (precision welding technologies) that looks like they have some nice ones.  However, I heard someone mention a while back that there were pyrex or quartz trailing shields.  Does anyone know of a company that makes them?  I'm looking for a rectangular trailing shield, probably 3" long by about 3/4" wide.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 05-14-2007 18:15
Zeek

CK worldwide make a few items... But don't get too hung up on the whole clear plastic thing, really does nothing to improve performance.

PWT makes the best custom backups in the world.  I used to work with both Gary Strickland and Gregg Martching from PWT.

If you can't afford PWT you may have better luck making your own. A little time consuming but with the materials available out there not really that hard.

Take a look at these guys too http://www.weldhugger.com/   You can use there stuff or make your own very similar or a combination of using there stuff with customize attachments.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / GTAW Trailing Shields?