Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Sellstrom Titan?
- - By chrisb84 Date 03-09-2001 03:39
Hello,
I am a Welding student at my local vocational school. I am looking for a auto change helmet, I have been considering a Sellstrom Titan. Does anybody have any comments or have one that they could tell me about it?
Thanks,
Chris
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 03-12-2001 20:44
Its a good hood and filter, we have 4 of them in our shop. They are supposed to be the fastest to change on the market. I prefer the old Hornell speed glass because of the feather light hood but they dont make that model any longer and that is why we buy the Sellstrom.
Parent - By sparx (**) Date 03-24-2001 16:55
The new 9000 series helmets from Hornell Speedglass are an excellent helmet- I have seen the Sellstrom and don't really see any reason why it isn't a good helmet, but I have used the Speedglass for the last 5 or 6 years (both the old style and now the 9000X variable) and don't have anything bad to say about them.
Parent - By airweld (**) Date 03-25-2001 03:09
I used an auto hood for years, until I tried a chin operated hood called Accu-Strike (800-658-4443). I know they're not as sexy as electonics but they are dependable and for my needs ,TIG welding, it has a MUCH clearer view, which is important. I'll never use an auto hood again.
Parent - By boilermaker (**) Date 05-07-2001 01:10
I still prefer the old speedglas APC and XL's myself, but if you want a decent hood, the speedglas utility 9000 series is fine, but if you want a hood to put a regular dark lens in, get a 491p Huntsman....Arc one makes a solar powered auto change lens that will fit that model....not too bad for 120 bucks...
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Sellstrom Titan?