Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / To All my Friends
1 2 Previous Next  
- - By chuck meadows (***) Date 06-15-2007 16:59
To all my friends, I would like to share some news I just received. Unfortunately, I just received news from my Urologist that I have prostate cancer. He told me that it is quite advanced, and could have spread to the bone or other parts of my body. I will be having an MRI and CAT scan next week to determine the extent of the cancer. If it is strictly located in the prostate, then it is easily treated. (not easily, but normally quite successfully)If it has spread, then that is another story. Anyway, I wanted to share this with all the good people in this Forum. Under no circumstances am I asking for sympathy, but if you truly believe in Jesus Christ, please feel free to say a prayer for me and my family. So, my input in the Forum might be a little less than normal, but I will try to drop in once in a while. Thanks to all who have taken the time to communicate with me on our various topics, and with God's grace, I will be communicationg in the future. Thanks to all of you.

Chuck
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 06-15-2007 17:04
I'm with you Chuck. And of course your knowledgeable participation will be our loss. But I'm I speak for all of us when I say we anxiously await, and fully expect, your full participation at some point in the very near future. We're with you.
Parent - - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 06-15-2007 17:21
May God Bless you and your family and wish you all the luck in the world.Yes our prayer's will be with you.
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 06-15-2007 17:24
Chuck;

Consider at least one person including you in their prayers.  Please keep us posted when you are able to update.  You know you have a very large following and many, many people who appreciate your wise guidance in here.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 06-15-2007 17:26
Chuck,
Best wishes and our prayers are for your quick recovery. Keep looking up, and we'll be here praying for you.
God Bless
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 06-15-2007 17:45
Good luck man and my prayers are with ya!!  We all believe you will make it through this hurdle in life and will look forward to absorbing some more of your knowledge when you return. 
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 06-15-2007 17:57
Hell yeah, Chuck is too damned tough to let this little hurdle hold him down! ;-)  Besides, there's too many fish left to catch!
Parent - By chuck meadows (***) Date 06-15-2007 18:20
LOL...Only from Jon...
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 06-15-2007 17:38
Hello Chuck, definitely don't lose sight of hope for remission. My father in law was diagnosed with the same affliction, he has had a very positive recovery and is doing well. Having said that, live each and every day to it's fullest and appreciate everyone and everything around you, including your friends here on the forum, we will all be pulling for you. Best regards and our prayers are with you. Allan
Parent - By webbcity (***) Date 06-15-2007 17:54
chuck , my prayers are for you and your family and wish you a speedy recovery . good luck . willie   
Parent - - By PhilThomas (**) Date 06-15-2007 18:06
Chuck,

Please keep us up to date with the results.  Until then, we'll be praying for you!

Please pass by this if you may find it bothersome.....

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on thine own understanding,
but in all things acknowledge Him
and He shall make straight your paths

Proverbs 3:5-6
Parent - By chuck meadows (***) Date 06-15-2007 18:29
Phil,
  Nothing from the Bible do I find bothersome. It is only my strong faith in the Lord Jesus Christ that is helping me cope with this. That, and the prayers of folks, like yourself, and all the others in this Forum. I look at it like this, what any of us go through in life is nothing compared to what Christ went through on that awful, yet wonderful, day on the hill at Galgotha. It certainly helps getting words of encouragement from everyone. Again, no sympathy, but honest to goodness prayers to the One that is in charge. Regardless what happens to me, I only pray that God's will be done. I just got the call from the nurse and my MRI and CAT scan are scheduled for next Thursday. 
Parent - By RANDER (***) Date 06-15-2007 18:15
Take care Chuck,  Sorry to hear the news but Im sure youll pull through alright.  I hope you get a good (as can be) test result next week. 
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 06-15-2007 18:52
Chuck,
our lives belong not to us but to God. He gave them graciously to us for us to use them as best as we can, and He takes them away from us when He so decides.
One thing you can be sure of: you've made an excellent use of the life God gave you. You're the good servant that was given 1 talent by his Lord when his Lord departed and gave back 100 talents to his Lord when He returned.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Parent - By chuck meadows (***) Date 06-15-2007 19:11
Beautifully said Giovanni. Thank you very much.
Parent - - By Stephan (***) Date 06-15-2007 19:04
Chuck,

I will keep you in my prayers.

May God bless you and your family and I hope strongly on your quick recovery.

I love reading your extraordinary experienced posts so please return to the forum quickly and in the very best healthy condition.

All the best to you from Germany,
Stephan
Parent - By drifter57 (**) Date 06-15-2007 19:20
Chuck, headed out to a bike run, the CMA will definetly have you and yours in our hearts and prayers. Come back soon, with the sunny side up. Your knowledge and insight is needed on this forum. God will keep watch.  Best of luck. Tom
Parent - By chall (***) Date 06-15-2007 19:11
My mother-in-law has a direct line "upstairs" if you know what I mean (so we all believe).  I'll ask her to say a special prayer for you Chuck, along with ours.

Charles.
Parent - By Cgregory (**) Date 06-15-2007 19:22
I'm so sorry to hear this.  My hopes for a very swift and easy recovery.

-- Christine
Parent - By TimGary (****) Date 06-15-2007 20:05
God bless you Chuck.
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 06-15-2007 20:10
It's hard to find words for something like that, most anything that could be said sounds contrite and insincere.
Your knowledge is invaluable, and through your sharing, has most likely saved lives due to failures of critical parts
that never happened because of your advice and knowledge. I can think of two specific incidences in which you've helped
me that will likely turn out to be the case.

Sympathy is for God to give, respect is for me to give and you have it. Yes I do believe in Jesus, and will most
certainly keep you in my prayers as many others here will. It's not over till God says it's over, I've personal experience in that.

It's our thanks to be given to you for all your help.

Regards,
Gerald
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 06-15-2007 20:27
And the number of Chuck's friends just keeps on mounting. If this is any indication of the results of this whole affair he will be back in here in no time clearing the welding fog from our cluttered minds.
Parent - By chuck meadows (***) Date 06-15-2007 21:39
The response has been overwhelming and it is certainly pleasing to know so many people car willing to take a minute from their valuable time to say a prayer. Y'all will never know how much each of you mean to me. God bless you all, and thank you.
Parent - - By yorkiepap (***) Date 06-16-2007 01:53
Hey Chuck,
You are in my prayers also 'bro....very heavy....I know you are one strong biker in character and nature. You will do fine....be positive always. You keep in touch with us......Best to you and yours.......Denny
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 06-16-2007 02:57
Hang in there, Chuck, even if the news isn't good life goes on. I have been living with metastasised colon cancer for a bit over 3 years since diagnosed, I wish I could say I was gaining on it, but I can say that I am loosing ground extremely slowly. I wish the best for You, get the best care available, and don't let negative thinking mess with Your head.
Parent - - By khodabandeh (**) Date 06-16-2007 04:34
I wish the god bless you,I pray for you and I hope you can take your health as soon as possible.
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 06-16-2007 06:17
Chuck, I'm sorry for the unfortunate news you recieved but glad for your faith in The Lord Jesus Christ and you willingness to say so.
In II Corinthians 12:9 The Lord answered the Apostle Pauls request for deliverance of a health issue with,"my grace is sufficient for thee, for my strength is made perfect in weakness." That is my prayer for you and your family, that His grace will suffice.

My few years ago my father had the same news as you did. During the testing he went through they found an aneurism and immedietly had surgery to remove it. The prostate cancer actually saved my dads life. Afterwards the prostate surgery was successful too!

My dad was always a good man but never considered himself a Christian. During these trials that changed too. After 65 years I had almost given up hope that he would never become a Christian. Don't give up hope and neither will we. 
Parent - - By chuck meadows (***) Date 06-16-2007 13:38
Tim,
  Thank you very much. Without faith, there is no hope. I can say one thing for sure, I am not afraid to let folks know I'm a Christian. Christ uses all of us different ways, some through sicknesses, some through testimony. Just think what a testimony I can share when me and Christ have conquered this awful disease. Regardless what happens, it is just one day closer to my eternal reward. Tim, I asked Christ only 2 things...To please give me strength and to please stand by me through these times. You know, He has done both. When I start felling a bit low, Christ sends chills down my spine. That is when I realize He is right there with me. Of course, He is always with us. Another things that helps me cope is that my beautiful wife is a God-fearing Christian woman, too. You could never realize how much strength I gain from her.

Chuck 
Parent - By XPERTFAB (**) Date 06-17-2007 15:17
Chuck,
If I had had the money earlier in life, my dream was to be a Oncologist.  Could not put the finances together without a boatload of debt and living in a cardboard box to do so.  I have always maintained a passion for the subject and as such I have followed a lot of avenues for cure.  I have deen some rather Hoky cures but a few are worth merit.
Being of an engineering type mind I am sure you will find this one quite interesting.  PM me with a mailing address and in the next couple of weeks I will work to get you a copy of DVD that I need to retrieve from a friend outilining an electronic device developed around WWII that has been quite successful at curing many ailments including many aggressive cancers.  We use it regularly in our home to help with our teenage boy's acne and the results are amazing.  Our son is also given to cold sores and this method we refer to as the zapper is beyond compare in the treatment of those painful sores.  With each use the frequency of reoccurence of his cold sores is dramatically reduced.  This is by no means new technology, but rather rather obscure by the mainstream medicine community.
I too have really enjoyed your posts and appreciate your command of the knowledge of welding.  I am hopeful to be able to contribute in some fashion to insure continued contributions from you from years to come.  Much work in the field of cancer cure research has been done throughout the world.  Unfortunately, little makes it way the mainstream America owing to the politics and profits of medicine.  If you are willing to look outside the box some then you will see what I am speaking to.  One big tip!!  Do whatever you can to fortify your kidney and liver function in the upcoming weeks.  Up your water intake as much as possible.   Work within your diet to move your food intake toward the Alkaline side of things so as to sway your PH away from the acidic side.  If you can find someone in your area whom preforms Kelation therapy, give this some serious consideration.  We use Kelation treatment here in Colorado as a way to remove heavy metals build up in the bloodstream after years of welding structural steel.  The results are extremely impressive.
Somewhat uncomfortable but a big help is the Hydrocolonic therapy.  Spare you the details but at differing times, it has sure helped me when the steady diet of living for years on the road catches up with you.  Instant results you can readily feel.   Eliminating the toxins as result of aggressive cancer treatmentis pivotal in a successful recovery.  Unfortuntely, few doctors seem to address the body as a system in whole when you start down this path. 
All the beat luck and faith to you that I can muster!
XPERTFAB
Parent - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 06-16-2007 08:02
Count on my prayer too.  Good luck and do it one day at a time.
Bill
Parent - - By kipman (***) Date 06-16-2007 15:38
I am sincerely sorry to hear of your troubles, Chuck.  Keep your chin up.  My father had prostate cancer maybe 10 years ago, and he beat it.
Kip Mankenberg
Parent - By chuck meadows (***) Date 06-16-2007 19:23
Thanks, Kip,
  I, too, pray for recovery. After all, I have the Greatest Physician on my side.
Parent - - By chuck meadows (***) Date 06-16-2007 19:33
Ladies and Gentlemen,
  You will never know how much all of your messages have affected me. I never realized in a million years the response I've received from all of you. I hope none of you mind, but I let my wife read all the letters of encouragement and we both just sat here and cried. These were not tears of fright or discouragement, but tears of the love we both felt from each and every message y'all were kind enough to send to me. We would sit here and hug each other and read a message, cry some more, then try to read some more. This is going to sound strange, but one of our kitties sat on my lap and was licking the tears as they ran down my cheeks. God has strange ways of sothing our fears and concerns, even cats are God's creatures and they can be used in many helpful ways. But, again, I cannot begin to thank each of you. Without sounding like a woosie, I wish there was some way I could personally shake each of you hands and give each a Christian, loving hug. Thank y'all so much.

Chuck
Parent - By CHGuilford (****) Date 06-17-2007 02:31
From 2 Corinthians 1 - 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those in any sort of tribulation through the comfort with which we ourselves are being comforted by God. 5 For just as the sufferings for the Christ abound in us, so the comfort we get also abounds through the Christ. 6 Now whether we are in tribulation, it is for YOUR comfort and salvation; or whether we are being comforted, it is for YOUR comfort that operates to make YOU endure the same sufferings that we also suffer. 7 And so our hope for YOU is unwavering, knowing as we do that, just as YOU are sharers of the sufferings, in the same way YOU will also share the comfort.

Words are difficult to put together so as to fully express the thoughts I, or any of us, would like to convey so I borrowed these from their author.  There are many, many verses that would be equally as good but you already know that, and there would not be enough space.  In putting all of them together, there is hope- and you know that too.

Now get out there and kick that cancer in the butt.  We are all rooting for you.
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 06-17-2007 16:25
Chuck, as you know, you, your wife and me and my wife share a love of cats.  Isn't it amazing how they can be so aloof at times, but when things are wrong, they are truly psychic and come to comfort us?  Needless to say from the responses you've received you have a tremendous following of admirers, from all around the globe.  You have one of the best minds I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and are truly one very fine human being.  Our thoughts and prayers are also with your lovely wife and family and of course none of mind yyou sharing our concern and love with your wife nor do any of us think of you as a woosie!
Parent - By Cgregory (**) Date 06-18-2007 12:49
Chuck --

As another human owned by cats, I have to say that actually, your cat story didn't sound strange to me at all: it made me laugh in recognition.

And, as a cat's human, I must note that it's just possible that your cat was trying to remind you of what's really important -- him.

;)

Hope you recover soon!

-- Christine
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 06-18-2007 14:15
Hi Chuck,
Just wanted to give you a little encouragement if that is at all possible during your wait for the results of the testing. My Dad (71 yrs old) recently received the same news and was told that things looked very bleak and dark. The cancer had progressed extremely far and they didn't give much hope. However, God must not be done with him yet, he opted to have the surgery anyway. He came out of surgery and the Dr. stated that he was pretty certain it was all contained and that he got it all. Many check ups later he is still free of cancer. The surgeon was so smooth and easy on my father, he " never " did take any pain meds after the surgery, he said that he just wasn't sore. This was mind boggling to me. Less than a week after surgery My Dad and my kids walked all over the museum in Richmond and he made it fine. The only restrictions that they gave my Dad was to lay off of his bicycle riding for a month. After two weeks he climbed back on his bike and rode about ten miles real easy with no straining. Be very selective in choosing your surgeon, I feel this surgeon, along with lots of prayers, made a huge difference in the outcome of my Dad's surgery.
Parent - - By MBSims (****) Date 06-17-2007 02:56
Chuck,

I just saw your post and am sad to hear this news.  But, you have my prayers and support and I hope all goes well with the tests next week.  Having a good attitude is a very powerful factor and it certainly sounds like you are prepared to take this challenge on and beat it.  Looking forward to seeing you prevail and put this behind you.

Best wishes and prayers,

Marty
Parent - By Shane Feder (****) Date 06-17-2007 03:43
Hello Chuck, greetings from New Caledonia.
Very sorry to hear of your predicament.
I must confess that I have never been a religious person but I will be sitting down tonight to say a prayer for you.
You are a true gentleman in every sense of the word.
Best wishes and Best of luck,
Shane
Parent - By JA (**) Date 06-17-2007 03:51
don't worry Chuck , you'll be ok........
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 06-17-2007 13:31
I hope the best for you and will pray for you.

Gerald
Parent - By trlblzr302 (**) Date 06-17-2007 18:55
Chuck,

Greetings in the Name that is above every name.. The Name of the the Lord Jesus Christ..... 
It seems quite odvious  from the sharing of your trial and burden, that the Lord has used and is using you in ways that will count for eternity.  The Propigation of Testimonies...    "Let the redeemed of the Lord Say So..." (Psa. 107;2)    The Sharing of the Holy Scriptures.....
"Sanctify them through thy Truth, thy Word is Truth." (Jn. 17:17) and the Sound-Sure-Reality of Lasting Fellowship with the Only Begotten Son of God...  ".... I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.( Heb. 13;5) In addition to the finished work  of the Crucified and Ressurected Lord of Glory, keep in mind a few that have gone before us...  In Daniel Chapter 3; The Lord Delivering , Preserving and Rewarding Shadrach
Meshach and  Abed-nego after they passed through and endured a trial by fire... A Fire Heated 7-Times its Normal Capacity. A Perfect Trial
By Fire.. One that would conform them more into His Image.....They came out of the fire without even the smell of smoke on their garments.
And the Psalmist who writes..." Before I was afflicted I went astray.. "(Psa.119;67) "It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes."(Psa.119:71) " ...and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.(Psa. 119;75)

Your brother in Christ,
Brian
Parent - By medicinehawk (**) Date 06-18-2007 08:02
My thoughts & prayers will be with you as well.
Parent - By new tito (***) Date 06-18-2007 13:07
Chuck,
I'm sorry to hear of your news.  I wish you and your family the best.  My mom's boyfriend recently kicked prostate cancer's arse after a little less than a year, and as you've read from a few others, it is pretty curable.  Hang in there.  It'll be a little rough, but with your faith and will to get through this, it'll be alright.
Parent - - By SWP (**) Date 06-18-2007 18:24
Best of luck to you Chuck!
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 06-19-2007 11:40
I'd like to ask all my friends and fellow forum members to keep this post going until we hear back from Chuck.  For any who has not benefited from his wise guidance, he is one of the premier minds in our industry when it comes to stainless steels and his input has helped many, many forum members.
Parent - - By chuck meadows (***) Date 06-19-2007 12:21
Thank you very much, my Brother. AS I said, I am so humbled by the positive responses I've received from this Forum. Although I've failed to personally respond to each and every letter, none of you will ever know how much your thoughts and prayers are appreciated. I never realized how lucky of a guy I was to have so many well wishers. Prayers are definitely answered and I can feel the strength obtained by all of you sincere prayers. I cannot believe you ladies and gentlemen.....Thank you, thank you, thank you...I will definintely keep you posted when I get more definitive results.

Chuck
Parent - By Richard V. Roch (**) Date 06-27-2007 19:58
You and your family are in our prayers Chuck.
God Bless
Parent - - By joseph asturino (*) Date 06-19-2007 12:48
Courage , it would seem , is nothing less then the power to overcome danger , misfortune , fear and injustice while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good , that everything is meaningful even in a sense beyond our understanding.......

Faith as an ultimate concern is an act of the total personalty....it happens in the center of ones personal life and includes all its elements........
Faith is the most centered act of the human mind....it is not a movement of a special section or a special function of (our) total being.......they are all untied in the act of faith..........

without faith , nothing is possible,,,,,,,,,,,With it , nothing is impossible.........
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 06-19-2007 12:59
Very well said Joseph.  Chuck, any small encouragements we may be able to send your way is simply the tiniest little "thank-you" for all of the wisdom you've shared with us.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / To All my Friends
1 2 Previous Next