Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Update from Chuck
- - By chuck meadows (***) Date 06-29-2007 15:48
I cannot begin to thank all of you for your continual prayers and encouragements. I know first hand that God is in the business of answering prayers, and He has definitely done it in this case. I just got home from my Dr. appointment and the news was so much better that we ever expected. The cancer had definitely spread to the skeletal and the lymph, but it is very successfully treatable. Get this...I take one hormone shot every 3 months. (Mary and I can maybe schedule our "hot flashes" to coincide with one another) Then, I take one pill a day. I thought this all sounded too easy, but it is the same treatment my Dad had 15 years ago and he is 86 years old and cancer-free.

All of you folks will never ever realize how much your support meant to us. I feel so blessed right now from the prayers each of you said for me. It really has shown me that there are more important things in life than welding or welding related subjects. But, it was these subjects that brought us together in the first place.

I just wish there was something I could say to each of you individually, but please know, each one of you, that I personally thanked God for all of you. All I can say is a big Texas Thank You and I love each of you as my Brothers and Sisters. God bless you. So, in closing, it looks like you are going to have to put up with a few more years. Sorry 'bout that...LOL  
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 06-29-2007 15:58
Chuck, my dear brother; you are greatly loved, and tremendously respected by your fellow brothers and sisters.  I can't tell you how grateful I am for this news and also want to thank all of our Members for their prayers and support.  Today is truly a wonderful day!
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 06-29-2007 16:16
Than it's settled.

See you in Chicago @ the big show this fall.
Parent - - By chuck meadows (***) Date 06-29-2007 16:23
I'll be the one with the big ole grin on his face..
Parent - - By drifter57 (**) Date 06-29-2007 16:43
Great news Chuck!!!! I have been putting off my own physical. This will definetly make me "GET ER DONE". Best wishes to you and the family.
Parent - By MDG Custom Weld (***) Date 06-29-2007 17:02
Chuck, it's great to hear things are looking up for you!  We'll see you in Chi-town!!
Parent - - By RANDER (***) Date 06-29-2007 17:08
Great news Chuck!!

Glad to hear its treatable and you can enjoy life that much longer. 

By the way I' ve got this 304SS to weld and need some help..................
Parent - - By chuck meadows (***) Date 06-29-2007 21:00
304SS. What does the SS stand for?  Boy, it is so good to be able to joke about it again...
Parent - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 07-02-2007 14:39
Chuck, don't you know what does SS mean? It means Steam Ship.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Parent - - By PhilThomas (**) Date 06-29-2007 17:43
Sounds like a path He has made straight!  <smile>

Here is to many more years of good life.....

Phil
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 06-29-2007 18:09
Just imagine the moment that must be relished.... a glimpse few of us get and a chance to really think about the important things in life.  Very happy for the news!!!!1
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 06-29-2007 18:23
Thats good news brother. Take care of yourself and God bless. However, the real question is, can you put up with us for a few more decades? :)

Regards,
Gerald
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 06-29-2007 19:10
Thats great!
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 06-29-2007 19:26
Hello Chuck, sometimes we are put through our paces to give us a little nudge to say, appreciate each and everyone of our blessings in this life. I'm glad to hear that you got some good news and hope to continue to hear from you and all of the other fine people on the forum. Continue to make sure that you don't take any time for granted and enjoy all that your family and friends have to offer. Also know that there are so many people out there that have been the recipients of your knowledge, wisdom, and suggestions and that you have been an example for others to follow and emulate. Regards and best wishes, Allan
Parent - - By chuck meadows (***) Date 06-29-2007 21:06
The wisdom, knowledge, and suggestions I offered pale in comparison to all the prayers and encouragements you guys offered for me. It is I who is indebited to you.
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 06-29-2007 23:38
A gift given with expectation of receiving some benefit from it is not a gift at all. You didn't have to help me or the many others but you did anyway. Many people stay silent because they feel like they are owed something for giving information, or if they do give it, they make sure you feel indebted to them.
You have never been either to me, nor any others I have witnessed. Your intentions have always been to help, without any request for anything in return.

People like you help and don't even know how significant their actions are. The advice you've given that puts the seed in the mind of the advised, that provides a solution, that either impresses their supervision, or prevents something from blowing up cannot be undervalued. You didn't have to give it but you did out of that genuine desire to help.

I didn't and don't pray for you because of what you can give me, I did so and will do so because you have shown yourself to be a good human being and a good example of a Christian. You do not owe anyone of this world anything, Jesus is to whom you are indebted.

Yours is the true spirit of giving, a welcomed relief in a world full of greed.

My opinion for what it's worth.
Regards,
Gerald
Parent - By RANDER (***) Date 06-30-2007 03:59 Edited 06-30-2007 04:02
I certainly dont want to take away from or hijack Chucks thread,   I think there are so many people on this forum that contribute regularly AND Infrequently.  Every contribution is ablessing especially to those of us with under 100 years experience who still have something to learn.   Chuck EXCELS in stainless/alloys, JS55 has that common sense real world view of things, JWRIGHT knows his structural stuff, JON####etc..  you got the ASME experience, Shane gives a viewpoint from down under with a fresh P.O.V regarding American standards, Sourdough has the view from an independent contractors view working the crazy oilfield life, Pipewelder, gerald, AL, Fran, Sen. Crisi, Lawrence, Allen,  Denny (Yorkiepap for his wise words), Many others I havent mentioned but I want to personally thank you ALL for sharing you experiences and wisdom.  I wish I could work with a brilliant team but most times the BEST i do is coming here to soak up some of the knowledge.  I really wish the best for all of you guys/gals and hope we have good health till our Father takes us.  Salud a Todos (wait that reminded me to add Henry (SSBN))
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 06-29-2007 19:57
Be the blessed God's name honored!
Giovanni S. Crisi
Parent - - By chuck meadows (***) Date 06-29-2007 21:07
Amen, Brother.
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-30-2007 01:35
Hello Chuck;

I just got back on line this evening, so this is the first I've read of your problems. Very sorry to hear of your condition, but very happy to hear the prognosis is so good! 

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By yorkiepap (***) Date 06-30-2007 01:45
Hey Chuck,
Really glad to hear the great news 'bro.... I kinda felt the good Lord listened to the really superb gents here who have so much caring & support for a fellow welder & biker. Your responses here will be a welcome sight again......Denny
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 06-30-2007 02:35 Edited 07-01-2007 02:36
Chuck, thanks for sharing Your good news. I know the relief of hearing that You don't have 1 foot in the grave after all. Hope Your treatments go well, If You have any problems with them talk it over with Your Dr., there are alternatives, don't just quit [like My next door neighbor did]. Health to You My friend.
Parent - - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 06-30-2007 04:32
As this forum is read in many places I'm sure that many of Gods names have been used to ask for your good fortune.  I'm glad to hear that the news is good.  I will continue to ask in my prayers that it stay so.
Bill
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 06-30-2007 09:13
Chuck Meadows

I have kept you in my prayers since your initial post...on the way to work whenever I can get somthing done with God.  I don't really know you but I am compelled to say ....Things happen and sometimes we really can't get a grip on why or what the purpose is until much later...but with the Good Lord there is always a purpose.  Chuck you are a gentle good man by all the posts I have read on this forum...thats why you have so many REAL friends. You are in the Lords hands and you are there willingly...that is the difference.  God bless you and your family Chuck Meadows.  I feel very confident you will be around to give me advice long into my carreer Mr. Meadows!

Sincerely
Tommy
Parent - By JA (**) Date 06-30-2007 11:25
Never underestimate the power of prayer......
Parent - - By J Hall (***) Date 07-01-2007 22:16
Chuck, It seems the Lord has better things in store for you.
Parent - - By Yadog001 Date 07-02-2007 15:06
Sounds like great news.  As I said the the KC-135 didn't get you and this won't either. 
Good Luck
Gary
Parent - By trlblzr302 (**) Date 07-02-2007 21:31
Chuck,

I rejoice in the good report you have received...

"O Give thanks unto the Lord;for He is good;because His mercey endureth for ever." (Psa. 118:1)

" And we know all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are the called according to His Purpose."
(Rom. 8:28)

A day at a time as He directs and blesses you and yours....

Brian
Parent - - By webbcity (***) Date 07-06-2007 17:36
chuck , my prayers are still for you and your family . god bless you brother . willie 
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 07-08-2007 03:48
Chuck, I am very happy for you and your family on the good news you recieved. I haven't been on the forum for a week (shutdown) but have often prayed for and thought of you and your situation.

As Murray Davidson (one of the best Christians I've had the priviledge to know) use to say; things happen to us for our good and His glory.

After your first post on this subject you and the members of this forum have honored the Lord countless times. It is also obvious that you have people all over the world that genuinely care about and respect you.

Take care and may God bless you.
Parent - By ramakant_v (*) Date 07-08-2007 05:14
I wish you a great health, long and prosperous life. This is a great news and We are all sure that you will be fine very soon. Just take care of yourself and keep on the medication.

Best wishes
Ramakant
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Update from Chuck