Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Airco Pulse Arc II 400
- - By cnd_weldeng Date 07-11-2007 14:05
I was wondering if anyone out there might know where I could find an operator/equipment manual for the above welding machine.  I tried using good ol' google but I seem to only come up with listings for people selling this equipement. I also seem to recall that I read that BOC aquired Airco and trying to find info on BOC's website came up with zero results as well.

Thanks in advance.

Bill
Parent - By 357max (***) Date 07-11-2007 14:18
Is this machine a solid state component controlled transformer rectifier or is it an inverter design? Airco had a transformer rectifier pulsing machine made by Miller which is like their old Pulstar 450. Didn't Linde & Airco both get bought by ESAB several years ago?
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 07-12-2007 04:16 Edited 07-12-2007 04:57
That machine was built for Airco by Esab. I would contact them.  I am not sure who presently ownes the rights to the Airco machines, but at least a few of the ones Airco sold are still in the Esab line. I don't know if Esab bought Airco, or if they just built machines for them. Esab owns all the Union Carbide brand names of welding equiptment, Linde, L-tec, Prestolite, Purox, Oxweld & the Heliarc tradename, etc. The package buisiness from BOC [Airco] is presently owned by Airgas. Airco's line of regulators and torches is available from Concoa.
Parent - By cnd_weldeng Date 07-13-2007 16:46
Thanks for the info/tips guys, I will contact our ESAB rep and see if he can point me in the right direction!!
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Airco Pulse Arc II 400