Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Ceramic Cups
- - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-14-2007 07:31
Don't throw away that contaminated horribly abused tig cup..they cost too much.  I always struggled with old ones where somthing went wrong and trying to clean them.    If you have access to a bead blaster with fine material or even a sandblaster...stick that cup in front of it and it will come out good as new! 

BTW. keep your old torch heads when you blow a line.....weldcraft changed their torches recently and I am told I can no longer get the small 150 amp ones anymore....so I just traded heads with the new lead.
Parent - - By bozaktwo1 (***) Date 07-17-2007 17:00
No more WP-150???  What is the world coming to?
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-18-2007 08:23
naw I think it still has the same designation but all I "was told" I could order now was one with a long handle and a flex head.....I friggin hate those things....might be good for going around a large pipe but not what I am working on......this could be bogus might be the supplier giving me the runaround. 

Looks like its still avaliable on the website!!!  Ahh maybe I can sleep now and stop hoarding all those little torch heads!
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 07-19-2007 04:08
How do the "look alike" brands compair to the Weldcraft?
Parent - By makeithot (***) Date 07-26-2007 15:28
you can always order out of Canada. As of yet all are available.
Parent - By XPERTFAB (**) Date 07-28-2007 03:53 Edited 07-28-2007 03:56
Well! When the torch starts leaking coolant and it turns out not to be any of the hoses, you will then wish that the torch was Weldcraft. When you quickly discover that the leaking coolant had been spraying out onto your clients wallpaper while you were welding her wrought iron bed frame back together; you will REALLY wish that your only local welding shop had not done you the FAVOR of ordering you a knock off tig torch when you specified a Weldcraft.  The look on that womans face will never leave my memory.   No the amperage required air cooled torch would not fit into the area to be welded.  Too bad!
Parent - - By 357max (***) Date 07-26-2007 18:32
Just got the new WeldCraft catalogue and it shows the 150 amp DC/115 amp AC air-cooled WP-17 torches & 17F's w/flex head. The WP-150 flex head torch 150 amp DC/105 AC air cooled. It shows their Crafter, WP, AHP (Airco), and Legacy Series Hand-Held Torches. I use four of their torches WP-24, WP-9, WP-17 and WP-26 torches with the Dynasty 200 changing for size and amperage needs.
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-28-2007 10:12 Edited 07-29-2007 05:27
I basically have been subjected to weldcraft products because thats what it seems all the serious tig guys are using.....not to hype brands because i dont think I have enough experience to do so....however  I really like the screw on torch heads   that is handy (wp series)..also there leads seem to be more flexable then others .......try welding inside a .032 ss tank that does not have even a solid cubic foot of room in in it.   The only time I have blown a weldcraft lead was  A. it was 3 or so years old with CONSTANT usage  B. I exceeeded its capacity for a short time.,..

BTW yes my favorite lead the wp-150 is still avaliable....my supplier is a friggen dork!!!  YEA lets dance and party down!!!!!   That i think is the perfect size-diameter and length handle  45 degree torch head is the shiznit   just the right size!!!!!   I dont see anyone offering 50 different shades of stingers  but weldcraft offers that many shades of tig torches....and I like them!
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Ceramic Cups