Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / CWI supplemental endorsements (A Rant)
- - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 07-14-2007 20:47
I received the latest Inspection Trends and read the article about the SE's. The author, Peter Howe, wrote about 7 existing and 5 future endorsements. Well in reading his article, there are two of those I would like to buy!
OH BOY! More certifications for me to buy. Whoppie!!!So where do I go to sign up for the test.
Hummmm, page 11 of Inspection Trends. Nope, nothing there except the CRI program.
Go to the AWS Website and check under certifications. Nothing, Nada Zip.
Search on the website for 'Supplemental Certification" Again NADA, ZIP, BUPKIS
"CWI Endorsements" Again Bupkis
Oh dumb me. Its in QC1:2006. Uh, Nope?????
Humm? Maybe I read the article wrong. Nope "...examinations or certifications may be considered as endorsements for CWI's and SCWI's if the candidate passes the exam."
Ok, here are valuable potential certification programs AWS is promoting for sale, but if you are interested I guess you have to call Miami and deal with the mental midgets who pass for customer service there.  There is time one will never get back.
If these programs are in place and operational, inform those who would be interested in how to find out more information on them. Where the test will be and where in the bloody blue blazed to find out information.
It durn sure is not in AWS QC1!
With all the ire these supplemental certifications and ill feeling brought to the surface it seems AWS would be much better in informing their customers on these programs, their benefits, and how to get them.
I will give AWS credit. I have ordered codebooks and publications off the website. And go through this forum at least once a day. The human beings who do this are top notch people. The website works well. My hats off to them.
rant over
BABRT's
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 07-15-2007 11:05
Glad to see I'm not the only one having a problem with that.
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 07-15-2007 18:15
Like a fine wine, it takes time.

Al
Parent - By Mwccwi (***) Date 07-15-2007 18:40
Yes, one would think that if they are selling that it would be made more easily accessible. Also, as the article states other recognized originations use using similar cert. endorsements I think AWS should keep up after all the ISO thing is getting more acceptance all the time. Two last thoughts, I like the whole central certification thing if we all get our sh-I mean stuff together there might be less confusion for all. Remember how it was when the CWI cert started? Seams kind of like the noise form the '70's :) only it's louder now that we have the "web".
Parent - - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 07-15-2007 18:43
Who is Bupkis?  Does the article list this as an endorsement?
Parent - By Mwccwi (***) Date 07-15-2007 18:50
Mr. Kane,
Check this out, he was usining the word as slang for nothing as explained at the following link
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bupkis
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / CWI supplemental endorsements (A Rant)