Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / 510 info needed
- - By johnnyh (***) Date 07-18-2007 16:19
I know this may not be the best place to look for this information but maybe someone can help me.  I am scheduled for the api510 test in sept and any information or website links that may help me would be greatly appreciated. I need this cert to supplement my CWI down here on the Texas Gulf Coast.
Parent - By hogan (****) Date 07-18-2007 17:05
do a search for "api 510 seminar", i recomend the seminar for 510, 570, and 653. the tests are a lot more difficult then the cwi.
Parent - - By RANDER (***) Date 07-18-2007 18:20
Check out "Codewest" in Texas.  Their seminar is highly recommended by most.  I have seen guys fail repeatedly even with that seminar though.  Maybe they didnt WANT it bad enough, who knows. . Or just study what is in the body of knowledge..  www.api.org
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 07-18-2007 18:31
Thanks fellas. I am on the right track now.  Codewest looks like a good option though expensive.  I think i need a seminar for the first api cert and then maybe i can study on my own for 570, 653, etc.  Now i just gotta talk my company into payin for the seminar, too.
Parent - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 07-19-2007 01:46
All these code prep classes are expensive. I am going to Mark Smith's in Bartelesville OK before the Sept exam. He is full and I just about bet CodeWest is full also. You can get on the list. If you havent bought your code books, get ready for sticker shock. As a rule of thumb if you have to foot the whole bill and take the seminar class, you are looking a 6-7K by the time you take your test. I have three API certifications and the 510 will make 4. With CWI and NACE coating and lining my yearly cost to maintain my certifications runs 2K per. Inspection is serious business and that is why I dont go cheap.
BABRT's
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / 510 info needed