Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Here I sit, at 3:37 in the morning....
- - By jon20013 (*****) Date 07-24-2007 07:41
seeing 7 others in here with me.... what the hecks going on????  Am I not the only one with an over-stressed, underpaid job or do y'all just have no life???? ;-)  Just kidding, its just that I didnt expect to see such a crowd so early in the morning!!!  Yeah, I know.... different time zones, etc., but still...
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-24-2007 08:19
ROFLMAO

No life-   Well I work the "no life" shift  3.00pm to 11:30 or whenever.....hard on marriages, hard on kids, hard on you etc.   Well we all got to take our entertainment where we can you know.  BTW its 3:14 am here LOL!  I am just kicking back with a michelob and trying to learn a bit and make myself tired and sleep to face a new day.  Are'nt all jobs save a CEO's underpaid and overstressed??  I make my employer an avg of $150,000 a day yet I only make around $45k  go figure.  well at any rate I raise my michelob to ya  "here is to the overstressed and underpaid up at 3 am!!!! Cheers!!"

Best regards
Tommy
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 07-24-2007 08:25
cheers Dude!!!  Its the truth, the more honest and hard working a person is the harder they're worked!!!!  Still, even at those CEO salaries, I'd rather live with conscience at rest...  I've quadrupled the output in our shop in 5.5 years and have only gotten one measley little raise... not really "underpaid" but more like under-appreciated, its most definately time for a new gig... enjoy your Michelob, I happen to be a Jim Beam fan myself!
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 07-24-2007 17:49
Scotch won't give you a hangover. Macallens is some good stuff. You get what you pay for tho......
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 07-24-2007 18:28
I guess to each their own... Scotch, to me, is like drinking vomit, lol!!!!!
Parent - - By swnorris (****) Date 07-24-2007 18:44
I only drink to make other people seem more interesting, but I never can remember what I drink.  All I can remember is vaguely hearing someone say "Hey bartender, I'll have whatever that man lying in the floor was drinking".
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 07-24-2007 18:55
LMFAO!!!!!  Well, all I can say is at least I don't have to go to meetings..... yet!!!
Parent - - By swnorris (****) Date 07-24-2007 19:03
If they cremate me when I die, I'll burn for three days.
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 07-24-2007 19:19
I guess there'll be two Vikings wafting off to Valhalla then!!!
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-25-2007 05:53
Jeez I did not mean to lead this into one of "those threads" but what the heck.....

I remember a post by swnorris not long ago and I MUST qoute him again cause its too dang funny!!

"The best way to prevent a hangover is to stay drunk.  I really don't remember how I came to drink.  I know I started at a very young age, because eating all those paint chips really makes a boy thirsty.  My teachers always encouraged me, saying that I could become anything I wanted, so I became a drunk.  I remember my mom encouraging me as well, saying, finish your beers, there's sober kids in China.  Nowadays, all I can remember is when people come into the bar and say, hey bartender, I'll have whatever that man lying on the floor was drinking.  I thought about rehab, but rehab is for quitters.  Besides that, my Rice Krispies told me not to go.  I always listen to them, because I know they will kill me if I disobey them."
Parent - - By jarsanb (***) Date 07-26-2007 17:48
Hey Jon, are you moving up to Lapeer with "your" company? I believe I read on this web site that they/you are starting a shop in Lapeer.
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 07-26-2007 18:23
Thats the plan.  New building is coming along nicely and tentatively scheduled for occupancy Mid-November.  We'll have quite a few openings once the new building opens.  See website: www.energysteel.com
Parent - - By jarsanb (***) Date 07-26-2007 19:28
There's no way you remember me, but I had talked to you around five years ago about employment.  And actually (hope no one important reads this) you talked me out of my interest there. You called me a couple of times trying to get a feel. I was looking for employment on the eastern side of the state to move closer to family from the G.R. area. Anyway, alls well. Fell into a perfect job luckily. I'm in the Lapeer area now. It's a pretty nice area really.
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 07-26-2007 19:33
Ahhhhhhh, yes!!!!  I knew your looked familiar!!!  Well, no hard feelings hopefully?  Glad you are happy and in the perfect setting!
Parent - - By jarsanb (***) Date 07-26-2007 19:46
Hard feelings? Not sure what for but I did enjoy the few converstions we had. Never made the trip over, unfortunately. I ended up at consumers energy. My headquarters I report to is in Flint. The move was kind of good/bad situation. My wife was from down by you and we lived in Fremont (near Muskegon), she wanted me to move closer to her family so that's what drove the motivation. I told her the closest I could go would be Holly. Got the job in Flint, place to live (initially between Holly and Fenton)...and she still left! Said it wasn't close enough! Anyway, I never would have pursued this position. So in a way it's a win win. LOL
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 07-26-2007 19:49
Very, very cool!!!  I actually went up to consumers in Flint and interviewed at one point for a position of welding instructor.  Would have been a good position, maybe you beat me out of it??  lol!!! :-)
Parent - - By jarsanb (***) Date 07-26-2007 19:54
If true that I'm a better liar than I thought!!
Parent - - By jarsanb (***) Date 07-26-2007 19:58
This is too funny. After I took the job my boss said it was up to me and some other "engineer", they offered it to me because they felt this other guy wouldn't be satified in the long haul given his background. Since then we have taken on the power side applications and all contractors.
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 07-26-2007 20:01
LMAO!!!!!  That kinda sounds familiar on this end too!!!!  Well, good job in any case, congrats!!!
Parent - - By jarsanb (***) Date 07-26-2007 20:12
Not trying to rub it in here or anything....but.... you would love the hours!!! Your schedule is 35 to 45 hrs., whatever is needed. In the nearly four years I average about 36. Sorry
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 07-26-2007 20:18
Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!  < Emerald green with envy!!!!! >
Parent - - By jarmsanb Date 07-26-2007 21:31
When you're free in the area, I'd be honored to treat you to lunch. You and a few others are the backbone of this forum. I have benefited enormously from the advise and opinions of yourself and others. So whenever you're in the area and hungry - do keep in mind.
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 07-27-2007 11:35
Oh, Man!!  What a very nice compliment!!  Well, the honor would be mutual, lets do it sometime!  Drop me a line at my personal e-mail address, found in my profile and we'll make some plans!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Here I sit, at 3:37 in the morning....