Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Steering column
- - By Sourdough (****) Date 07-24-2007 17:59
I've got a new column in my 77 chevy truck, but cant for the life of me line up the shift linkage between the upper and lower column.???
Parent - - By Bob Garner (***) Date 07-24-2007 18:09
Maybe just drop in a floor shifter?
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 07-24-2007 19:38
I'm putting a new engine in my "69 today........got bored with the 77.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 08-15-2008 21:43
All I can say from my experience over the last 18-20 years as an auto/diesel/equipment mechanic is keep on trying. Sometimes it's good to walk away for a few minutes, or days and when you come back the sucker will probably fall into place. Perhaps you were'nt holding your mouth right? In situations like that anything is possible! Try putting an alternator on a Cadillac Deville or Seville(1998-20xx models) Yikes! Although with experience it becomes easy. Good luck with it!
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 08-16-2008 21:08
Well, this is an old thread for sure. Got that problem remedied.

Moral of the story: Always take the ENTIRE column out from the firewall, (including the linkage from the steering box), when replacing one. It's the only way to do it, unless you are an expert steering column guy.............
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Steering column