Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / More prayers for Chuck Meadows, PLEASE!!!!
- - By jon20013 (*****) Date 07-24-2007 18:27
I just got an update from Chuck, he is in treatment but things are a real struggle for him at the moment and he should get his first report tomorrow 7/25/2007.  Please pray for his healing.

Here is part of the report he sent me: "I'm putting up as good a fight as I can. I have my first Dr appointment since the treatments started tomorrow.  I am praying for a positive report, but the constant pain raises concerns.  Living on strong pain pills is not the quality of life I anticipated."

For those of us who have been blessed with sharing Chuck's generous expertise, I ask everyone to have a moment of reflection, it doesn't matter whether you believe in God, Jesus, Moses, Mohamad, Budda or so many other un-named greater beings, please, share a thought of healing for Mr. Meadows.

Thank you.
Parent - By Shane Feder (****) Date 07-24-2007 19:39
A big " Get Well Chuck" from New Caledonia in the South Pacific.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 07-25-2007 00:49
I had no idea.....hope he beats it!
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 07-25-2007 02:15
We'll continue to pray for Chuck.

Thanks for keeping us informed Jon.
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 07-25-2007 02:17
My prayers have never left him.
Parent - By NDTIII (***) Date 07-25-2007 03:25
I had no idea! My prayers are with Chuck and his family.
Parent - - By Noel Tan (**) Date 07-25-2007 03:40
i not used to pray, but this time especially for Chuck. pray....pray....pray....
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 07-25-2007 04:20
Hang in there Chuck, I am wishing the best for You. As the treatments shrink the cancers the pain will abate. Keep a positive attitude.
Parent - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 07-25-2007 05:43
Still praying here too.
Bill
Parent - - By kipman (***) Date 07-25-2007 08:32
You've got mine, Chuck.
Kip Mankenberg
Parent - By Kix (****) Date 07-25-2007 12:14
My prayers are with you Chuck!!
Parent - - By webbcity (***) Date 07-25-2007 15:36
jon , thanks for the up date , i continue to pray for chuck and family . willie
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 07-25-2007 15:59
Ladies and gentlemen, your continuing thoughts, prayers and reflections are greatly appreciated!!!  If and when I receive an update from Chuck I'll post it as long as he grants his permission.  The power of positive thinking is always beneficial in these situations.  Chuck owes me a few drinks and I am definately planning to collect!!!!
Parent - - By ramakant_v (*) Date 07-25-2007 16:15
U can do it and I am sure that you will fight for a definite win.....
Parent - By MDG Custom Weld (***) Date 07-25-2007 18:34
I wish and pray (as we all do) that Chuck holds his head up and beats this.  God Speed Chuck!!
We're with you!
Parent - - By chall (***) Date 07-25-2007 19:10
We're all pulling for him Jon.  Tell him we all wish him the best and a speedy recovery.

Charles
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 07-25-2007 19:47
Thanks Charles, and all of our friends from around the globe.  Chuck will be checking in periodically so no need to tell him.  He asked me to pass along his deep gratitude to everyone for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 07-25-2007 20:45
I'll remember him in my prayers tomorrow when I'll visit the chapel I'm a member of.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-26-2007 07:00
Thx Jon

I agree...there is real power in prayer.  Give the Good Lord the opportunity to show what it can do!

God's hands are around you and your family Chuck.  The Lords will and healing touch, strength, comfort, confidence and peace.

God bless and keep you Chuck

Sincerly

Tommy
Parent - By XPERTFAB (**) Date 07-28-2007 02:25
Best of our thoughts and prayers  to you!!
Parent - By Richard V. Roch (**) Date 07-31-2007 13:15
Get well buddy. Our prayers are with you and yours.
God bless
Parent - - By Stephan (***) Date 07-31-2007 14:03
My dear friends and colleagues!

This is nothing more than my very own first personal impression, but please allow me to admit first of all!

14 days of vacation (almost no welding - just have read the July Welding Journal - but only my wife and son) and coming back now to the forums let me think that I am truly getting old.

The amount of information that has been stored here within this short time range let my tiny head formally explode!

I guess it will take weeks to months to read all the topics before I will be able to try to humble contribute to anything and as I suppose (the forum never sleeps) you won't stop to discuss the secrets of welding while I am reading all that what you have already written up to now. So apparently I am having a problem. Due to I can not return in time I guess I will never have the chance to have both the full access to all what you have contributed and to participate simultaneously to what you are intending to contribute further.

However, as the first "official" response to the forum it is crucial for me to wish Chuck Meadows all the very best for his further and complete recovery!

Best to Chuck and to you all,
Stephan
Parent - - By rodofgod (**) Date 08-08-2007 08:26
Hi All!

Been away for awhile and am just catching up!

My thought's and prayers are with you Chuck! I wont pretend too know what your going thru, but I hope you are reading this 'cause I AM thinking of you! The advice you have given me and the uncountable others on this forum, just demonstrate your unselfish nature!

How I wish I could know you in real life!

I am envious of those who know you personally.

Your knowledge spreads the globe!

Good luck mate and keep the faith.

Regards
Parent - - By chuck meadows (***) Date 08-08-2007 12:48
Glenn,
  I only wish I were deserving of the nice things you said. It is I who is blessed to have the tremendous amount of support from people like yourself whom I've never had the pleasure to meet that makes me feel so close to all of you. Believe me, all the prayers are being answered. I'm also hoping to have the honor, and it would totally be an honor, to meet any of you guys at FabTech/AWS. God bless you all.

Chuck
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 08-08-2007 15:06
:) I've been wondering how things have been going for you Chuck!
Parent - - By chuck meadows (***) Date 08-08-2007 20:57
Sorry, Jon...
  Been busy traveling doing my thang!! You know that you will be my source of passing information when I go to the Dr. tomorrow. Probably won't have the results of the blood work for a day or two, but i sincerely feel all the prayers are being answered, and i cannot thank each of you enough. But, that doesn't mean to stop praying...LOL..Actually, Brother, I have been feeling better (overall) the past couple of weeks, so I hope the medicine is lowering the PSA. God bless EVERYONE in this forum. I'll either call you or e-mail when I get the latest results, Bro.

Love to all my Brothers and Sisters in the Forum,

Chuck
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 08-09-2007 03:00
Hang in tight Chuck, I wish You the best recovery possible. I jus had My last chemo for this round, looking foreward to a few months break.
Parent - By chuck meadows (***) Date 08-09-2007 15:03
My prayers for you, too. God bless..
Parent - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 08-10-2007 05:19
Dave- I just told Henry I'd put him on the prayer list with Chuck, now you are on the list too.
Bill
Parent - By medicinehawk (**) Date 08-12-2007 11:04
Hang in there Chuck!
Will be praying for you.
Parent - - By Richard V. Roch (**) Date 08-08-2007 20:00
Every night Chuck, we will continue to keep you and yours in our prayers.
God Bless
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 08-09-2007 15:20
Chuck is one of the mentally toughest people I know, also prayers for his lovely wife, Mary as I'm sure she's agonizing through Chuck's recovery process!
Parent - By batanony (*) Date 08-09-2007 22:05
May God answer my sincere prayers for u chuck for full recovery..i am new in this forum but i can feel how u r loved, apperciated and respectd from all guys here...This is a great gift not given to anyone ...May this gift always be with u ...
Mona EL batanouny
Parent - - By Jim Hughes (***) Date 08-15-2007 01:26 Edited 08-15-2007 13:46
Chuck,

glad to hear prayer is working. Is there an e-mail address to e-mail you? I have tried your Avista address with no response. Here is my e-mail hughesj@ticus.com

Thanks
Jim Hughes
Parent - By chuck meadows (***) Date 08-15-2007 15:01
Jim, it's  chuck.meadows@avestawelding.com

Good to hear from you. God bless..
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / More prayers for Chuck Meadows, PLEASE!!!!