Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / IQ
- - By prasad (*) Date 07-26-2007 15:14
I tried this online IQ test its fun  try it when you have the time  http://www.iqtest.com/
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 07-27-2007 03:18
I had a MRI done on My brain a few years ago, they said it was "unremarkable".
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 07-27-2007 05:09
LOL
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-27-2007 07:19
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 07-28-2007 04:18
Actually that was good news, meaning the cancer hadn't gotten there, but it sort of sounds like a put down.
Parent - - By darren (***) Date 07-30-2007 05:38
thanks prasad i wasted my time doing the test just to find out its ten bucks to get the results. i should've guessed from your other postings it would be a waste of time. the fact i actually wasted my time is the proof indeed that i do not possess a high iq.
darren
do you have a vested interest in that web page prasad?
Parent - - By prasad (*) Date 07-30-2007 21:49
darren,

did u take the test . Did u waste your time . By the way this test is free ? 
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-06-2008 13:49
i took the test and it said it was 9.95 to get then results and little did i kno wthey emailed me myscore dont know if it is good or bad but it sd my I.Q. IS 102 so maybe i'm dumb i dunno dont really matter i got out of highschool with a piece of paper
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 10-06-2008 15:11
100 is the average. 102 is slightly above average. I would caution that the test they are giving is questionable at best and any results therefore questionable.
Even the clinically based test is semi subjective and can be affected by mood, gender, time of day, physical fatigue, and a host of other factors.
I don't personally like the IQ test for that reason. Someone could get a low score, (99 or less) and actually be 130 plus. Or vs versa, they could hit a 120-130 and be closer to 90 to 110.

Some people can hit that test and think they are dumb, when they are not in reality and go around thinking that forever more being adversly effected for the doing. Your reaction is proof of that "my I.Q. IS 102 so maybe i'm dumb".
Even the scale can be off depending on what brand of test you take.

For the most part the scale is <70 functionally retarded, 70 to 80 mildly retarded, 81 through 110 low to high average intelligence, >110 to 130 bright, 131 through around 145 bright to gifted. 150-155 and up genius. Those numbers will again change depending on the test your taking, but in general, it's around whats expect.

The test doesn't take into account social and other factors as well. I went to school with a gentlemen that had a recorded IQ of 180 who for the life of him could'nt figure out how to change a tire.

In all I strongly advise you take that test with a grain of salt. Thats about all it's worth in my opinion.

Regards,
Gerald
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-06-2008 20:07
i was just bein a samrtalic Gerald yes i took the test and they asked for 9.95 for the results on the webiste i was smart enuff to not pay for the results and then they sent me my score via email and i know people who cant change a tire or the oil or even know how to check the oil it aint your I Q it's how you were broguth up and what dad taught ya book smart i aint but my common sense would probably run off the chart s well as alot of the others in here including yourself but hey i'm average it fits with everything else i do so i'm good with that thanks for clearing it up for me wow 180 and cant change a tire
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / IQ