Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Welding Cert/School in Tallahassee???
- - By flyingshark82 Date 08-06-2007 13:38
I just moved to Tallahassee.  Does anyone know of a good place to get certified in Tallahassee?  Either "on the job" or at a school?  I've already found two technical schools, one is AWS registered, Gadsden Technical Institute in Quincy, but that's 20 miles from where I live.  The other is Lively Technical Center, but they're not AWS affiliated.  Anyone know of anywhere else in the Tallahassee area?  Any employers that are willing to certify on the job?  Etc?  Thanks.
Parent - By turbolaser (**) Date 08-06-2007 22:07
Just about any shop, or field job that does structural, pressure vessels, or pipe will have you take cert tests for their procedures.  Even if you go to a job with your own certs, you will most likely be required to take new tests for the company hiring you.  Haveing your own certs will give you a better shot at getting a job over someone who has never held certs.  Like I said though, you may have a 6g 5p root, lh fill/cap.  cert on lets say 6"  sch160, and that is what the employer requires,  the employer will still probably have you retake the test for them.  
Parent - By fbrieden (***) Date 08-07-2007 02:39
You do not have to go to an AWS sanctioned facility for certification.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Welding Cert/School in Tallahassee???