Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Another Format experiment?
- - By jon20013 (*****) Date 08-07-2007 15:21
Sure wish we coupld pick something that works and stick to it... we're not MSN after all (thank God!).
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 08-07-2007 15:35
Hello Jon, when they make these changes I always worry that I've been invaded or something and that soon the world will be altered as we know it. On my computer the forum is coming up titled as the "Nameless Forum" instead of the "AWS Forum" like usual, at first I thought that I had done something wrong so I closed out and came in a different way, but low and behold it came up the same way. Regards, Allan
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-07-2007 15:37
I just noticed that mine says NAMELESS FORUM also.....
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-07-2007 17:26
My forum has just been renamed to say what it should...LOL

Thanks Ross, or whomever renamed it from the nameless forum.
Parent - By ross (***) Date 08-07-2007 17:28
I was kinda warming up to "the nameless forum."
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-07-2007 15:40 Edited 08-07-2007 15:43
Ross, Barbier,...and others, I'm curious where Christine is... I PM'd her about getting rid of that spam that I noted in a PM to her in the forums where I don't have moderator powers to delete as needed. The spam is still there in those forums from this past weekend and I have not heard anything from her either. Is she still with us?

Quote from PM to Christine: " This guy has loaded us up over the weekend. I took care of all of the threads that I had power to moderate. I need some help with the rest of these. Thanks,

-JW

http://aws.org/cgi-bin/mwf/forum_search.pl?uid=19653;mode=uid

PS. Just a note: If the thread has been responded to, you have to delete the posts one by one within the thread before you can delete the whole thread, by starting with the latest post and work your way back to the original."
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 08-07-2007 15:59
Hey John, according to the login at the bottom of my screen, Cgregory is currently logged onto the site. Regards, Allan
Parent - - By Cgregory (**) Date 08-07-2007 16:01
They've been deleted -- in some cases twice now. Hopefully that will help.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-07-2007 16:26
Great...I was just house cleaning, and couldn't get at all of the corners....LOL
Parent - By HgTX (***) Date 08-07-2007 16:19
Something looks different but I can't put my finger on what.  What's different?

Hg
Parent - - By ross (***) Date 08-07-2007 17:22
The software that runs the forums has been revised, and with the new features comes cosmetic changes. You can't get one without the other, but I assure you it's not just change for change sake. There some fixes in bugs we probably never noticed, some improved searching capabilities and efficiencies, and stuff to stay current with security issues. The last software upgrade, remember, allowed us to have posting of photos, so to keep up and be ready for with more obvious enhancements in upcoming versions, we upgraded to the latest version. Bear with us for a bit while we deal with the transition. Please let me know if you see any bugs or anything noteworthy.

Ross
AWS Marketing
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 08-07-2007 17:37
Thanks Ross, not necessarily speaking for others, but some of us older folks (me specifically), are not always ready for change and don't adapt well to it. Thanks for the explanation and appreciate the work. Regards, aevald
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Another Format experiment?