Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Best buys on D1.1 and others
- - By aevald (*****) Date 08-07-2007 18:35
Hello All, it's time for me to procure copies of the latest D1.1, D1.3, D1.4, and D1.8, thoughts out there on who has the best prices and availability on these publications. Haven't had to buy these in a while and a little rusty on this information. Any thoughts and help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, aevald
Parent - - By thcqci (***) Date 08-07-2007 21:39
Since they are not cheap and if you are not in immediate need of the D1.1, you might wait 9 months to get the new one coming out.  If you are willing to buy older, used copies, Ebay usually has a couple on their "shelves".
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 08-08-2007 14:19
Hello thcqci, would like to go with used, but I believe that new is the way that I need to proceed. Was wondering if there are different sources for new or if I just need to contact AWS directly, I believe the last time that I bought a set I went through a company called "Global" or something like that. Thanks again for the post. Regards, Allan
Parent - By thcqci (***) Date 08-08-2007 15:14
Not Global anymore.  http://www.awspubs.com/
Parent - - By ulises vigo Date 09-22-2007 04:05
hola como estan profesionales del campo de la soldadura y la inspecciòn, mi nombre es ulises y soy de perù
soy soldador y actualmente estoy llevando el curso de inspector de construccìones soldadas en la pontificia universidad catolica del perù,mi interes en este foro es conocer mas acerca del campo de la soldadura y del tema de inspecciòn de construcciones soldadas que es la carrera para el cual me estoy proyectando,tengo al alcance algunas normas como el asme secciòn ix;api 1104,api 650,api 653 por lo que estoy buscando el aws d1.1;para asi poder comparar con las otras normas si alguien me puede apoyar con esto le voy ha agradecer mucho mi trabajo lo desarrollo en refineria de petroleo,como petroperú,refineria la pampilla  y otras empresas.
me gustaria conocer y poder aportar mis conocimientos en otras industrias de hidrocarburos fuera del perú estoy dispuesto a viajar y poder aportar mi granito de arena.
                                              saludos:ulises vigo leòn
    mi correo es    ulises_vigo_13@hotmail.com
Parent - By ctacker (****) Date 09-22-2007 04:22
Translated=
hello how is life professional of the field of the welding and the inspecciòn, my name is ulises and I am of perù
I am a welder and at present I am taking the inspector's course of constructions welded in the pontifical catholic university of the perù, my interest in this forum it is to know more about the field of the welding and of the topic of inspecciòn of welded constructions that is the career for which I am projecting myself, I have to the scope some norms as grasp me secciòn ix; api 1104, api 650, api 653 for what I am looking for the aws d1.1; for like that to be able to compare with other norms if someone can support me with this I him go it is to be grateful very much for my work I develop it in refinery of oil, as petroperú, refinery the pampilla and other companies.
I would like to know and being able to contribute my knowledge in other industries of hydrocarbons out of the perú be ready to travel and to be able to contribute my sand granite.
                                              saludos:ulises vigo leòn
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Best buys on D1.1 and others