Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / welders pay
- - By tylervo Date 08-07-2007 21:30
what is the avarage pay for a welder?
Parent - - By thcqci (***) Date 08-07-2007 21:43
No disrespect meant, but how much does a car cost?  More details needed.
Parent - - By tylervo Date 08-07-2007 21:51
What is the average pay for a ny state certified 1 inch full pen welding mig. 1 year on the job 2 years of vo tech school for welding living in NJ
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 08-13-2007 13:58
from what i've seen on websites offering working the going rate for a single hand welder running wires is 18-22 an hr
Parent - - By bozaktwo1 (***) Date 08-13-2007 16:41
Translate that to South Texas wages...about $12-$15 is the most with that little experience.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 08-16-2007 23:27
is there any work for a rig welder in your part of the state i'm 32 miles from san antonio in jourdanton close to pleasanton
Parent - By fbrieden (***) Date 08-14-2007 00:20
To what code is the certification, and whom else accepts that GMAW certification?
Parent - - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 08-14-2007 01:40
NYSDOT only gives GMAW short circuiting certifications to minor miscellaneous shops such as for ornamental bridge work.  Sometimes they give it to sign shops.  The certification is useless any where else.  The WPQR is difficult to duplicate, and cannot be transferred.  This particular certification is not considered to be significant in the grand scheme of welding.   If you are not qualified in other processes, your certification does little to recommend you for other work, or other employers.  If you are in the central NJ area, you can probably expect $15 to 17$ per hour. If you are in a Union Shop, or can get in a Union shop (Sheet Metal Workers Union), you could get considerably more, $25 to 30$ per hour plus benefits, AFTER SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING APPRENTICESHIP.  (5 years)

I know you wanted to hear something rosier, but that is reality as I know it. 
Parent - By welder6g (**) Date 08-14-2007 01:46
Welding rates are simple.Most have a set pay and upper teens mean you have to work.If you are lazy they tell you to pick up your crap and git out of here.Simple.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / welders pay