Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI instructors
- - By hillbilly CWI Date 08-12-2007 20:04
I just completed my aws seminar and test at louisville ky in july. Our instructor was Scott Helzer and he did an excellent job teaching us on the CWI test we took i would highly recommend anyone to check to see where he was giving the seminar and attend. I self studied for about 1 1/2 yrs. then took the seminar and passed with a average score of 85%. I did'nt want to spend the extra money on the seminar since i paid for all my expenses but was glad i did i don't think i would have passed without the fine teaching of Scott
Parent - - By natecf (*) Date 08-13-2007 02:19
congrats on passing. I took the seminar and exam in Hartford ct. back in june for D1.1  The instructor was Richard Depue<, he did a stellar job he made sure you were prepared for what was on the test. also passed with an 85% average .
  good luck with your newfound knowledge, put it to good use. 
Parent - By Kix (****) Date 08-13-2007 14:40
I took mine in May and man i give those teachers much respect for what they have to accomplish.  They have to know a lot of stuff to be able to answer all the questions that come up in the seminar and have to have one hell of a curriculum to cram all the crap into your head that needs to be in there for the test. 
Parent - By Duke (***) Date 08-14-2007 02:41 Edited 08-14-2007 02:44
Yes, Dr. Helzer is an excellent instructor, I took the seminar in Reno, '05, and was rarin' to go on test day.  90% avg, not bad for a highschool dropout.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI instructors