Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welder organizing software
- - By terrasonic Date 08-28-2007 18:12
Keeping welder certifications, etc in good and useful order is taking too much time.  I need to have an application that minimizes my time spent, and is also user friendly for lower level QC and Welding mgmt.  I don't have time to create my own MSAccess program, but that would sure be cool.  Course it would lack Code verifying features, but anyway....

In our fabrication shops we typically have projects being built to Sec. VIII Div 1, D1.1, B31.3 and 1104.  I can handle the pipe certs seperately if needed, but would like to incorporate vessels and structural, if possible, in the same program. 

We frequently use 3 processes per groove weld.  Either GTAW, FCAW, SAW or GMAW-S, FCAW, SAW.  Then of course lesser combinations of those.

I know there are alot of software packages out there and that we may be happy with any number of them, but I'm trying to cut thru the lousy ones and get it right the first time.

Jay Sunday
Parent - By Fredspoppy (**) Date 08-29-2007 20:07
Check out these guys.  They are about as good as any.

http://www.computereng.com/default.aspx
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 08-29-2007 21:29
If you are literate with Access, I can send you something you may be able to get started with. Other than that, I am a fan of C-Spec.
Parent - - By terrasonic Date 08-31-2007 17:47
Thanks pipewelder...I am literate with access, not expert though.  I am using office 2007, should be backwards compatible.  Is it mde or mdb?
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 08-31-2007 19:38 Edited 09-03-2007 16:58
The one you can alter is an MDB and some screenshots and the link for the download is at http://www.weldinginspectionsvcs.com/AWSD1P1WPQ_PWPSDatabase.htm

Attached is a demo that may be of interest also. This one has a few new features compared to the others. It does NOT have any detailed instructions or help files but it should be enough info to let you know what it does.

Gerald
Attachment: WeldingDatabase4p0.zip (0B)
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 09-04-2007 00:51
If you have trouble with the attachment running such as an error that refers to missing references, I can send you the complete install which is over 4 MB. It does the install and places it in your "Programs" menu of the start menu. I am on dialup so I stick with the minimum.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welder organizing software