Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Need help somewhere close to Tulsa OK.
- - By EVWELDER (**) Date 08-30-2007 00:30
I am here in Midland TX. the company I work for builds stages we have a big project that consist of 16"x12"x1/2" and 16"x8"x1/2" steel box that is rolled and I do not know the radius at this time but my problem is finding a machine shop in or somewhere around Tulsa that has the capacity to machine something this big some parts are in Tulsa already being rolled it would be nice to find somebody close to machine these parts before coming here. The machine shops in this area are giving way too long of lead time like 6 months out which is impossible for me the projects needs to be complete in 4 months. Any help would be great on finding a machine shop somewhere even close to me if possible. oh by the way the machining would involve compound angle cuts and various size holes ranging somewhere around 1/2" to 2" holes through 1/2" box and 1/2" plate.
Parent - - By natecf (*) Date 08-30-2007 01:34
not that I can offer any assistance, but your post caught my eye. you say your company builds stages, What sort of  industry do you serve. I only ask because I work for a company that fabricates stage equipment and automation for the live entertainment industry. just wondering if it was similar in nature.
The project sounds interesting.
Parent - By EVWELDER (**) Date 08-30-2007 02:25
We are in the same buisness then staging and lighting.
Parent - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 08-30-2007 23:02
Have you tried J & J and Western Tank in Odessa? They both can do up to 3/4 on a tight radius. Dont know how their work load is but I bet they could get it out in less than 2 weeks. J & J is on Grant/Andrews Highway and Western is off WCR on the south side of the railroad tracks.
BABRT's
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Need help somewhere close to Tulsa OK.