Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / ESAB Wire
- - By drifter57 (**) Date 08-31-2007 16:48
Just have a question out there for the people that use ESAB wire. We tried this wire a long time ago and right away noticed that liners and contact tips were being shelled out at a much higher rate than when we were using a different product. I hear that this is no longer a issue. I am just interested in if any body has noticed a change in the amount of consumables with a ESAB product. We a currently looking at giving it a try again. Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks
Parent - - By MDG Custom Weld (***) Date 08-31-2007 23:17
What wire are you using?  We use on average 152k pounds per year of ESAB metal core 409, and see the consumable life on par with other wires we use.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 09-01-2007 04:26
Man

I bet your ESAB rep drives a shiney new car.....

152k...  That's alot of Snapple!
Parent - By MDG Custom Weld (***) Date 09-02-2007 00:34
It's the high volume automotive business.  409 is the high runner, but 309/ 307 comes in close at 104K.  It's hard to comprehend that we make parts that go on cars at the rate of 1200-2500 units per day.  Who is buying those cars???
Parent - By dschlotz (***) Date 09-01-2007 23:05
WE use ESAB 7100 ULTRA in .045 and 1/16" and it is as good as it gets. Liners and consumables last a long time. Our big problems with liners and tips and nozzles comes down to the operator . Liners get bent by welders jerking the feeders around like stubborn dogs. Tips and nozzles go down because they get banged around during cleaning?. Improper amperage and voltage account for the damage not caused by misuse or normal wear. Yes we do have normal wear. Not all of our welders treat the equipment as if if was junk.

Dennis
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / ESAB Wire