Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Revising a D1.1 WPS
- - By ziggy (**) Date 08-31-2007 17:34
Need a bit of input here regarding revising a D1.1 WPS.
1. Are the code requirements the same regardless if it is prequalified or qualified?
2. When revising a WPS, the revision number, date and by appears on the WPS...but does the "Authorized by" and "Date" likewise change? I am thinking of how other documents are revised (like contract and/or shop drawings, etc.) they received a revision number, date and by...but the original date of the drawing as well as who generated it does not typically change...the reason I ask this is when looking at the examples in Annex N, I noticed that the authorized by "Date" was the same as (on the prequal) or later than (on the qual / PQR) the revision "Date".
Thank you,
ziggy
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 09-05-2007 02:14
No.

Each revision should be issued a new letter (or number) and a date on which the revision is released. The revision date is different from the date the original WPS was released. Most companies I work with retain the original date and list the revision date as well. The mechanics of their documentation tracking (control) is part of their QC manual.

Best regards - Al
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Revising a D1.1 WPS