Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / #5 michigan
- - By johnnyh (***) Date 09-04-2007 17:55
I was just hoping that someone in this forum was one of the 109,000 in attendance of that game.  How was that?  I also need some tips for the api 510 that i am taking in 23 days.  I just got some old school flashcards that are really helping.
Parent - - By swnorris (****) Date 09-04-2007 19:35 Edited 09-04-2007 19:37
Are you a Michigan fan? How do you feel about Lloyd Carr? Should he step down as head coach after this embarrassing defeat? If you are a Michigan fan, you probably know that John Beilein was recently named the head coach of Michigan's basketball team.  Do you know what Jim Beilein and Lloyd Carr have in common? Neither one of them knows anything about football.

I wasn't at the game but I saw it on tv.  I'm originally from Boone, NC and I was shocked by the outcome.  I thought that App State would give Michigan a run for their money, but I had no idea that they'd actually win the game.  I bet they won't get invited back next year.  I love it when these major programs pay these smaller schools a lot of money to come to their stadiums just to get beat up on, and then they end up winning the "tune up" game.    
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 09-04-2007 19:56
No i am just a football fan.  I root for the longhorns and they darn near did the same thing versus mighty arkansas state.  I dont think Carr should step down but i think his days are numbered unless he runs the table the rest of the way.  We had a guy named Carr(no relation?) playing qb down here in houston and he seemed to worm his way into another season every year so maybe his namesake in ann arbor can do the same. Hook em.
Parent - By swnorris (****) Date 09-04-2007 19:58
The Houston Carr is now picking splinters out of his ass as a backup QB for Carolina. 

P.S.  Your Longhorns stole Mack Brown from the Tarheels....What the heck.  He's much better off.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / #5 michigan