Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Ryder Update
- - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-08-2007 03:27
Hi yall thanks so much for your prayers and support on Tuesday he went in for brain surgery. They put in a shunt to drain the fluid off his lil brain and then they did a biopsy they gave him a 10% chance of coming back from the O R well he came back slept for 2 days but he came back and is now in I C U they removed the breathing tube yesterday and started him on flow oxygen just the lil hoses running into his nose they were removed last night as well as all the I V's he took his first bottle yesterday around 4 and another at 7 n 10 n 1am and finally went to sleep all looks good but we don't have the results back from the biopsy yet sometime next week we should DR said it looks to be highly cancerous but he has fooled them so far and all the prayers are working trust me they are he is alive awake and alert even smiles and didn't do that before he went in he is up to 4 oz. a feeding and burping he has really shocked everyone in the I C U i told them his last name is Griffin you may knock us down but we dot stay down for very long. THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS AND SUPPORT  you guys just don't know how it feels to have a team of guys like you standing behind you thanks again guys you are truly the best

Shad Griffin
cell: 830-570-0654
Parent - - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 09-08-2007 04:50
From here-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griffin

The griffin, griffon or gryphon (from Old French grifon) is a legendary creature with the body of a lion and the head and wings of an eagle. As the lion was traditionally considered the king of the beasts and the eagle the king of the birds, the griffin was thought to be an especially powerful and majestic creature.

Tough guy, it's no wonder he's doing well.

Still praying though.
Bill
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-10-2007 02:59
9/9/07 well they did another cat scan today and although the cist drained off again his brain did not go back into place the dr seems to think the tumor is getting bigger and we still dont know what we are fighting hopefully tomm we will know what we are up against but lil Ryder is still justa kikckin this bronc he aint givin up and neither am i heck he's eating ALMOST 6 OZ. when he went in he was at 4 oz. so to me it looks good we should know more tomorow the next time i am home i will post another update thank you all so much for your prayers and support

RIDE RYDER RIDE
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-12-2007 13:36
well dont know really where to start . we got the diagnosis back yesterday and it is cancer it is a P N E T  tumor on his little brain they are going to try to keep it undrcontrol and possibly shrink it with chemo therapy and when he is old enough possibly remove it and then radiation they say he is to young for radiation right now so yall please keep praying for my son and i'm sure all will be fine with all of rooting for him he'll be just fine i'm sure of it hell he went thru 3 brain surgeries in 5 days with a 10% chance of making it and he's still here they say his chances are 40% i found info on the web that his chances are 60-80% so we'll just keeping kicking and see what happens he sure is a real trooper
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-17-2007 00:28
As some of you know Ryder went for surgery on friday 9/14/07. The DR was not able to get as much of the tumor as he wanted there was alot of bleeding and then Ryder died on the operating table but the team was able to bring him back the DR said the 1st 8 hrs were the most critical well we are 53 hours into the recovery and as usual Little ryder is throwing them all for a loop the Dr said to expect the worse and spend as much time as possible with him well Ryder aint quitting he is still in I C U and under pain and sedation medicine until further orders the DR does not want him moving at all the he is even fighting the sedatives and pain meds that are suppose to knock him out the nurse told us that is she gave us the does shes giveing him it would knock us out for a week and he's waking up 15-30 mins. after he gets 1 he does have some swelling from all the fluids and blood he got in the OR they had to give him 4 litres of blood he lost all of his and it quit clotting they finally got it to stop somewhat with some packing which will disolve in 2 or 4 weeks the place in philly misdiagnosed the tumor so they are running tests again so they know how to fight it but for now he is fine and still fighting please continue to pray for Ryder that is the best remedy we could ask for thank you all for your support and prayers.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-06-2007 02:04
some of the guys in the please pray for my son forum have asked me to set up an account so they could help out i thought i would pass on this info to you guys as well please understand i am not asking for a handout just passing on the info so no1 feels left out you guys are my rock and i really appreciate it more than you will ever know. heres the info: Ryder D. Griffin Medical Benefit the bank said to send it to Prosperity Bank in c/o of Ryder D. Griffin 1112 W. Oaklawn Pleasanton TX. 78064 thanks in advabce and as always RIDE RYDER RIDE
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 09-08-2007 10:40
Shad you and your family have had my prayers since I first read about your situation. I am certainly glad that things are improving and would like to think that all of these prayers may in some small part may have helped move the heart of God. Psalms 40:1-5 comes to mind, so keep looking for Him to do great things.
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 09-09-2007 03:19
I'm still praying for you and your family Shad. I look at the trials in life as reasons to draw closer to God. He wants us to have personal relationships with him. Through the good and the bad times God wants us to seek Him. I truly hope Ryder will be alright and you and your family will have a long and happy life together. May God Bless.
Parent - By rig welder6 (**) Date 09-17-2007 06:14
stay strong we are all there for you.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-05-2007 05:21
heres a challenge for all of us lets figure out a way to make a tumor removerand then patened it man could you imagine the money to be made
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 10-06-2007 03:28
Shad, You might be surprised what they charge for chemotherapy when You see the bills. Health care is really big business. I am eagerly waiting for a better way to remove tumors as well.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Ryder Update