Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / esab dualshield 7100 ultra wire
- - By EVWELDER (**) Date 09-11-2007 21:39
we are welding 3/4 plates with this wire with 75% argon and 25% co2 what is the best process of welding these plates using this wire?
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 09-11-2007 22:46
Hello EVWELDER, your question leaves a lot up to interpretation. Are you referring to using a mechanized type carrier to operate the torch or semi-automatic hand welding? Are you making fillet welds in the flat, horizontal, overhead, or vertical position? Are these full-pen bevelled welds with backing strips in what positions? What diameter of wire are you using and what are the capabilities of your power sources? I think you get the idea here, try to include some more definite descriptions of the actual questions that you are asking. I'm sure you will receive some more definitive answers. Best regards, aevald
Parent - - By EVWELDER (**) Date 09-12-2007 16:49
Oh sorry about that we are using a Lincoln vantage 300 with an LN25 wire feeder .045 wire esab dualshield 7100 ultra wire with 75% argon and 25% co2 gas on CV. Most of the welds will be fillet welds on plate from 1/2" to 3/4" thick A500 grade B flat position and very little uphill.
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 09-12-2007 21:18
Hello EVWELDER, unless I'm mistaken, the plate designation that you have listed might represent tube steel. If that's the case, keep in mind that much of this type of material will have rust inhibitors on it that can be death to welds done with some dualshield wires, I don't know if this particular ESAB wire is one of them, but it's something to keep in mind. Generally I have found that the inhibitors can possibly cause worm type tracking and holes or pores to show up on the surfaces of welds, I know there are other reasons for these indications too, however I have noted that after cleaning this substance from the tubes that the problems went away. Other than that, Lawrence has given you the link which will provide the correct parameters for this wire and you should definitely try the manufacturers recommendations here. Regards, aevald
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 09-11-2007 23:25
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / esab dualshield 7100 ultra wire