Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Sewer plant
- - By Sourdough (****) Date 09-23-2007 16:44
Nothing - I mean nothing tricky about my current job...demolishing a sewer treatment plant. Let it hit the ground!

Just thought I'd make you guys jealous.......
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 09-23-2007 17:55
sounds like it could be a crappy job! lol
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 09-23-2007 23:04
Fishin for brown trout

>chuckle<

Parent - - By turbolaser (**) Date 09-23-2007 23:27
What a variety of lovely smells you will discover sd.  Lol.  I don't miss the jobs I did rebuilding screw conveyors at the sewage plants.  Or the crack repairs I have done in the sewage pump truck holding tanks.  Good luck to you SD.
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 09-24-2007 04:23
ummm Sorry SD  cutting apart turd conveyonces is no way to make me jealous..........
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 09-24-2007 04:46
We used to chase turd alot in the USN  when we had nothing better to do so please!!! Do'nt remind me of that because in the navy, we could'nt just demolish the crap!!!Nor could we toss it over the side if ya get my meaning! ;) If there was work elsewhere, we would be on it first but, if that's all that was left, then the turd patrol it was!!! :( :( :(

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 09-24-2007 21:04
You might call up that Mike guy on Dirty Jobs and end up on TV.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 09-25-2007 04:15
Be carefull about methane fires/explosions, You don't need to get burned 2 times in less than a year.
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 09-26-2007 00:46
I used to take my son on jobs to get him out of his mother's hair and because he enjoyed it. My son, Bert, is mildly retarded, but he functions quite nicely on his own.

I had an inspection to perform on some new scraper arms being installed in a settling tank and Bert came along to make sure I did everything correctly.

When I walked into the house at the end of the day a few minutes after Bert, my wife asked what went wrong on the job.

I said, "Nothing was wrong, it went just as expected. I rejected most of the work, now the welders have an extra week's worth of work to do. Why do you ask?"

"I asked Bert how the job was and he said it stunk!" was her reply.

I started to laugh and said, "That's because we were working on an operating sewer treatment plant and it did stink!"

There are times when Bert is a man of few words!

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 10-05-2007 22:59
You cant believe the amount of condoms and tampons on this job.

I know it's gross, but smoldering feminine and sex biproducts is a real hot topic, right???
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 10-06-2007 09:17
Sourdough you remind me of the time I had to lay pipe in a reputable "working girls" establishment...I remember it well...................

Bwhahaha......all kidding aside a profitable job I bet!!!
Parent - - By devo (***) Date 10-08-2007 13:24
Is that the corn-eyed brown trout or the taper-tailed brown trout?  And as far as working at a "working girls" establishment, I bet you saw a lot of large-breasted pole gobblers and their close relative, the double-breasted mattress-thrasher.
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 10-08-2007 23:19
"The Great Alaska Bush Company" got some of my business back in the 90's. When I would get off the fishing boats the fellas and I would blow all our money in a couple of weeks.

The girls loved us, but every man in the joint hated our guts. Throwing Benjamins around..................

It's amazing what someone will do for the almighty dollar. Spoze I'm one of 'em!
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Sewer plant