Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Eye Examination
- - By njanini Date 09-28-2007 01:07
I realize when you applied for CWI that the Visual Acuity Record and of its requirements  :  Jeager J2 etc etc along with the color perception examination.......Called out in B5.1:2003 which refers you to QC1:2007 with same requirements....   (1) First questions does the Jeager J2 required for both eyes?? ( SNT-TC-1A requires J1 in one eye only)
AWS has no requirements for Distance (far) acuity in QC1:2007 or the Visual Acuity Record....

We do alot of inspections to D1.1. and under Section 6: Inspection   : 6.1.4.4 Eye examination... it calls out  near vision acuity but no requirements and calls out for a far vision acuity of 20/40 or better...... (2) Second question : is it required in both eyes??  and then continues on:  "Eye examination shall be required every three years or less if necessary to demonstrate adequacy"..
Can anybody shed light on 6.1.4.4  requirements

Thank you

Parent - By DWCO (*) Date 09-28-2007 04:46
Hello, far be it from me to be a vision expert. However, when I took my vision test for the CWI I needed to have my vision corrected. It even states that on my card! Can yours be corrected??
Parent - By njanini Date 09-28-2007 12:10
my visual acuity records was a old form,  I see now it requires in both eyes......, it was the 6.1.4.4 where it calls out for distance 20/40 or better...
Thank you...
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Eye Examination