Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Beam trammel for scribing circles and arcs
- - By aevald (*****) Date 10-10-2007 19:20
Hello everyone, here's a trammel set-up that I made a while back. I use it for any number of things and the sizes of arcs or circles are only limited by the length of flat bar that you have on hand. It also has replaceable carbide tipped, threaded inserts for points. Would love to see any other types that are being used out there. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By TozziWelding (**) Date 10-18-2007 23:14
I like that set up, I ,made a set that used 1/2"X1/2" square stock as a beam, and had a soapstone holder. Needles to say I let some one borrow them and they are no more(sad).
Parent - - By makeithot (***) Date 10-25-2007 02:57
Lesson learned that day - "Never Lend  Out Your Tools"  One of two things will happen it will come back broken or not at all.
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 10-25-2007 14:40
nice set Allan.....I have borrowed a scale at one time that was homemade in the shop  it was in 1/32   I was afraid of it after that point...jeez the work that went into it you know!
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Beam trammel for scribing circles and arcs