Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Show / FebTech
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 10-13-2007 14:52 Edited 10-13-2007 14:58
The show in Chicago is fast approaching.

Who wants to meet up for dinner so we can swap some stories and lies?

I will be arriving on Sunday around noon and will be staying at the Fairmont Hotel, Telephone: 312-565-8000.

The Fairmont is about 4 miles from McCormick, so the shuttle is my means of getting to and from the show.

I don't know Chicago, hopefully we will have someone in the crowd that does know their way around.

I don't own a cell phone, so e-mail or a message left on the hotel phone are the only two ways of contacting me. Maybe I should break down and get one and join the rest of society. I just got out of the habit of using smoke signals.

I can be the central contact point if we need one. I'm sure the AWS Booth will have a message board, but that might be a bit of a hassel.

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 10-13-2007 17:32
I'll be there for the whole Shebang....

Starting Saturday and going all the way through Wed. afternoon..

Dance card is pretty full during the days (Except Sunday) but late afternoons evenings should be open.

Will be @ Palmer House Hilton  (Don't known how I got so lucky)

Looking forward to meeting many of my friends and mentors.

Al,  A TON of good Chicago stuff is within a quick cab drop... Michigan Ave. is said by some to be the best urban main street in America... It's hard to disagree.

McCormak Place is a really nice venue... And here is a little known secret..  The Pastrami Sandwiches sold inside the McCormak food court are some of the best, year in and year out...

Lets keep in touch as the time draws nigh
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 10-13-2007 17:44
See you in Chicago!

How's Sunday evening for a get together?

Best regards - Al
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 10-13-2007 17:53
I'm pretty sure its perfect!

My itenerary is on my work desk so I'll know for sure Monday.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Show / FebTech