Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / An effort in futility...
- - By yorkiepap (***) Date 10-14-2007 04:56
Hey Ross or anyone else who can help,
I tried to post here with photos and the results were pure disaster. I used the photobucket parameters as I had done previously, but to no avail. Photobucket is a pain in the a$$ anymore and I won't use them again. I tried to use the attachment function here, but I cannot get the photos arranged with a description preceding each group of photos as my post has them listed. I give up......nothing is simple anymore......Denny
Parent - - By ross (***) Date 10-15-2007 13:16
Yorkiepap,

Sorry you are having trouble. Photobucket works well in my experience, but there's a trick you have to do. The IMG code they give you has [IMG] in caps and you have to change it to lower case for our forum.  (See http://www.aws.org/cgi-bin/mwf/forum_help.pl ) Also the [/IMG] at the end of the link has to change to lower case. (I can't write it here in lower case because the server will think I'm putting a picture in.)

The attachment function (not using Photobucket) just puts the pictures at the end, so if you want to position them amidst text descriptions, use Photobucket, make the change in capitalization, and you can put the Photobucket code wherever you want in your post.

Let me know how it goes.

Ross
AWS Marketing
Parent - - By eekpod (****) Date 10-15-2007 15:42
Is there someplace that lists the entire set of steps it takes to uplaod a picture onto this AWS site??  I'm not a computer person, and haven't used photobucket. Chris
Parent - - By ross (***) Date 10-15-2007 19:16 Edited 10-15-2007 19:24
You don't need Photobucket. Just make your post, then go back to the forum topic and read it and you'll see a blue "Attach" link below it. Click on that and then select the photo in your computer that you want to add to your post. (Use the "Browse" button to navigate to your pic.  And click on the "Embed" checkbox.) The next time you read your post it will have the picture included.

Let me know if you have trouble.

Ross
AWS Marketing
Parent - By RANDER (***) Date 10-15-2007 19:20
MOOOOOOVE!!!!
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / An effort in futility...