Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Codebook Tabbing Tips?
- - By ZCat (***) Date 10-14-2007 18:50
I have some tabs that are different colors, think I'm going to highlight the important Tables and Chapters in the Contents the various colors so I can jump right to them.

Anybody got any other good tabbing tips? Saturday is the Big Day!
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 10-14-2007 19:07
I went thru and changed all my tabs listing the sections on the vertical edge and for each section, i had 4-5 tabs along the top edge. I got lucky and everything i had studied was on the test, I knew exactly where to look, i hardly had to use the index, but they did allow me to have a copied index stapled together to keep me from having to flip through my book so much. i made sure i could match every answer word for word and there was only about 5 questions i had to spend some time with,those were the ones that had an answer of "none of the above" or "all of the above"
Something else to remember if your taking D1.1 is there are eight sections, remember those and each question ask yourself what type of question is it, (preqalified,qualification,fabrication etc) there are not to many pages (not counting tables and figures) in each section!

Hope that helps, good luck!
Parent - By ZCat (***) Date 10-14-2007 19:22
That's a good idea about the index, ctacker. Thanks!
BTW, I'm doing the 1104.
Parent - By RANDER (***) Date 10-14-2007 23:49
Well I do chapters in green along the top, General info in yellow along the side, Formula info or anything very important or repetitive along the side in red,  Just my way.   Whatever method you use be consistent in your tabbing and highlighting and dont tab/highlight the WHOLE BOOK!!!   Instead read through and familiarize yourself with the code then you wont need as many tabs and highlights because you are doing what you should be doing --- knowing your relevant code. 
Good luck
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Codebook Tabbing Tips?