Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / income taxes
- - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-15-2007 00:22
Anybody ever get an extension and come d day cant find your 1099's for the year. And has anybody ever needed a payment plan from the irs if so how did you go about getting it and how bad are they to work with. All n all I'm a screwed duck tomm at 12 am is the deade line and i cant find my 1099's i know i made 120k last year but cant prove it
Parent - - By swnorris (****) Date 10-15-2007 16:58
Now, now, Shad.  Calm down.  Just close your eyes and picture yourself near a stream.  Birds are softly chirping in the crisp cool mountain air.  Nothing can bother you here.  No one knows this secret place.  You are in total seclusion from that place called "the world." The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.  The water is clear.  You can easily make out the face of the person whose head you're holding under the water. Look. It's the IRS agent who caused you all this stress in the first place. What a pleasant surprise. You teasingly let him up, just for a quick breath, then ploop.  Back under he goes.  You are relaxed and at peace. 
Seriously, it sounds like you need to find a good accountant.  You'll know it when you find a good one because all the good ones have loopholes named after them.  I've personally found it encouraging to know that for every tax problem there is a solution which is straightforward, uncomplicated and wrong.  The trick is to do your tax return before breakfast and nothing worse will happen to you all day long.  Just don't make the same mistake I made and do your tax return late at night.  I was so stressed out I couldn't go to sleep.  I tried counting sheep, but I kept making mistakes.  Then I spent the rest of the night trying to find them.  Don't worry.  You probably won't get audited.  In fact, the chances of getting audited is roughly 1000 to 1, and out of that, there's only a 50/50 that it will be you.  Well, good luck, and let us know how it turns out. 
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 10-15-2007 19:17
That happened to me once. I found a 1099 from a company I consulted for (a small job) and had forgotten about. I filed my taxes and several months later, when I found the 1099 filed an amended tax return. The penalites amounted to more than I made on the job!

So much for being honest!

Al
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-16-2007 00:34
well i did manage to ge t1 1099 emailed to me the other old boss was out of state be back tomorow so looks like they'll be late oh well it dont matter anymore i'll pay what i owe when i get it and to hell with them
Parent - - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 10-16-2007 00:47
i owed them 10 grand  and made payments for 3 years at 250 per month until i hit a really good lick. then paid them off.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-16-2007 00:55
heres the way i look at it my new born son is 3 months old today and fighting brain cancer if it takes every last dollar i have to get him well then thats what it take the IRS can just wait i'll get on a payment program after i get my last 1099 and find a good crooked CPA and go from there i still have some reciepts to get too always been told as long as you have reciepts well i need about 60000.00 worth lol as of right now i'm showing about 80000 gross for last year well thats just not acceptable now is it come on you all've3 done it
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / income taxes