Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Atomic and Crystalline structure of steels
- - By gshuma (**) Date 10-24-2007 18:32
I posted this at another area of this site.
I am teaching a maintenance course and part of it is a materials and processes course. I am looking for courseware or texts that describe the above in terms that are at a tech level. I want to touch on heat treating and the welding of steel.
Most of what I find is tough going for my students. They are smart guys but I do not want to waste much time on something that they only have to be aware of but not use it every day.
Thanks
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 11-22-2007 19:03
There are a number of books available on this subject. I suggest you look at one available from the James F. Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation titled. "Metals and How to Weld Them". It covers some very basic theory.

Best regards - Al
Parent - By webbcity (***) Date 11-22-2007 19:40
gshuma , you might check with local aws chapter , also they may have some good ideas and have someone to make a presentation to help you with your needs . good luck . willie
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 11-22-2007 22:46
For just a brief introduction, the AWS Weld Iinspection Technology book does a fair job.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Atomic and Crystalline structure of steels