Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / any comments on the 200g
- - By dobsalot (**) Date 10-28-2007 13:17
I've been running this 200g for about 1yr. I really like the way it welds. I can stack or set it to penetrate however I want. The problem I have experienced is that the computer was mounted to close to the exhaust and it cooked the 800$ module. Of course it was out of warranty and the engine manufactuer had to locate someone to fix it for me, not a dealer mech but one that agreed to work on it. He  relocated the computer,gave it a tune up, and it runs just fine. Has anyone else had this problem and  should I be ready for the armature bearing to go out like the 200d? It seems there should have been a recall on relocating the computer, because the company allready had a relocation bracket made for this pupose. I now have about 8300$ in a machine that won't do any more than a old sa200! Where's the logic in that?
Parent - - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 10-28-2007 19:37
the 200g has a GM engine, right? I have heard some horror stories on the GM engine.
Parent - - By louieRD (**) Date 10-28-2007 23:30
what year?
Parent - By Cole Welding (**) Date 10-29-2007 01:15
i have a 300d and it have a kabota motor in it.  my 110 plug went out is the only problem i have had
Parent - By dobsalot (**) Date 10-29-2007 11:11
mine's a 2003. I don't know anyone else who has one.  When my computer went bad it was doing a lot of surging and then it would just shut down like it was runnin out of fuel!  Then when it would cool down it would start right up and go a little more until it ,the computer, got hot shutdown again. So, if anyone out there runs this machine I would recomend they contact htere dealer for  the relocate kit.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / any comments on the 200g