Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Taking my first D1.1 and D1.5 tests
- - By R.Reznick Date 11-09-2007 00:07
Hi everyone i am new to the forum for first off let me introduce myself im a 19 year old welder with 2 years in the trade i went to welding school in highschool and worked since then. In school we took practice D1.1 tests but never got certified. Not exactly sure how this is going to work i start a new job on Monday the shop does alot of bridge work and such for new jersey and surrounding areas... i was told in my interview i will be getting my D1.1 and 1.5 certs. The Process is FCAW 3G i understand the D1.5 is a 22 1/2 degree bevel over the whole thing as opposed to the D1.1 which is 45 degrees. So i guess my main question is do i just turn up the heat and push the wire in harder in order to "wet it out" or what's the trick any tips would be greatly appreciated thanks again
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 11-09-2007 01:44
Hello R. Reznick, first off, welcome to the forum, this is a great place to have questions answered, develop friendships, answer questions for others, and an information network to help you with issues. I believe that you possibly had some information miscommunicated to you regarding the joint design. I believe that both of these codes actually use the 22 1/2 degree a side bevel angle for an included angle of 45 degrees. Best regards, aevald
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Taking my first D1.1 and D1.5 tests