Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Linde- Model 250hf
- - By roborob76 Date 11-12-2007 01:19
I'm putting together a low budget shop, for workin on trailers, bike frames etc.   Does anyone have any feedback on this machine : Linde Model 250hf   ? ?
It's about 20 yrs old, but should meet my needs.

Thx
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 11-12-2007 01:22
if you google it, you should get what your looking for
Parent - - By roborob76 Date 11-12-2007 01:27
thanks man- I looked at yahoo- msn, ... forgot google

But if anyones used one as has an opinion- I'd still like to hear from ya- thx again
Parent - By JMCInc (**) Date 11-12-2007 03:14
I used one of those in the tig class I took last year. I found it in the corner of the shop all dusty and forgotten about. No one would use it, everyone wanted the fancy new miller 180's and water cooled 250's. Well, I sat down and got acquainted with that old boy and gave it a good cleaning. I even had to buy my own cup and collar for the torch. It worked GREAT. Frankly, it was easier to weld stainless with the linde than one of the millers. They all made fun of the big clunky pedal. After all that, the dirty dogs wouldn't sell it to me. It's probably back in the corner I found it in. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. It got me an A.

Best regards, Jon
Parent - - By XPERTFAB (**) Date 11-14-2007 04:09 Edited 11-14-2007 04:22
I have owned this very machine for over twenty six years now along with a whole host of other machines.  This was my first, bought in my early twenties as a shop demo.  Not one problem all this time.  Has outlasted a couple of syncrowaves, one Goldstar, and two late model inverters in daily duty for about fifteen of those years.  Other than the color (light green) Linde hit a home run on this machine.  Fully supported for parts and service from the nice people at ARC Products in San Diego California.  If the price is right, go ahead and snatch it up.  Paint it if the color doesn't work for you.  But you will be hard pressed to find a much better machine for your needs using the technology of the time.  That big clunky pedal described in another post has never ever needed anything!  Not even a lead repair.  I am pedal repair number four of the syncrowave variety.  The micro-switches and new small single connecting lead just don't hold up as well.  They (new style small pedals) are much easier to hold between your knees and squeeze to operate while welding inverted inside some too small race car or such.  Those big pedals take much more effort to do the same but work much better at firming your thighs and buttocks while TIG'N in those impossible positions.    Good Luck!
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-15-2007 05:48
XPERTFAB: Does this pedal have a 4 prong twistlock? Is it 0 to 40 ohms resistance? I have a pedal like this, and I don't know what it goes to.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Linde- Model 250hf