Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI LOW WAGES
- - By graveyhog (*) Date 11-15-2007 22:38
By graveyhog  Date 11-15-2007 22:36 I came across this job on ndt.org web site and could not believe the wages these company's are asking for a CWI position.I have seen this time and time again.I wish AWS would send out a outline description of the requirements to take the cwi and the years required and the extent of the material of the testing for the cwi.I mean like were I work these people dont have a clue what it takes to take the test and the knowledge of the overall welding material.I had one manager to tell me that he was going to take it,because it would help him in sales.We are a large supplier of fabricated parts can't go in detail.But he thinks he's just going to walt right into the welding arena and get that CWI with out a blink of an eye.The industry in manufactory don't have a clue.To my opinion.The job on this web site is low I know helper's making that kind money in the nuclear industry.http://www.ndt.org/jobs.asp?ObjectID=18630.Please help the old,new,and future cwi on this matter to publish a article on the what is involved to make this happen to become a Certified Welding Inspector/Certified Welding Educator. This article would have to be published where theses industry's would be able to read it NATION WIDE.Not just the AWS News.Please Support.   My current job role is Welding Engineer.
Parent - - By ZCat (***) Date 11-15-2007 23:53
was that the one in Georgia for $18-$22? pay is always low in that area of the country
Parent - - By graveyhog (*) Date 11-16-2007 02:09
you are correct
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 11-16-2007 03:24 Edited 11-16-2007 03:27
think thats bad, try the one in utah for 13.91 up to 25.00

Edited:and look at the NDT exp they want on top of that

added:

Pay:  13.91 - 25.00 per hour DOE

Description:  Pleasant Grove (North Utah County) heavy manufacturer is looking to fill a Certified Weld Inspector position, certification is required.

Skills:  Duties include steel pipe and weld inspection. Level II or III UT, PT, MT, RT and other weld and steel testing expertise preferred. Salary is dependant on experience, certifications, and abilities.Complete benefits package includes health insurance, 401k, paid vacation and holidays. Position is full time, long term, has growth potential and does not require travel.

Parent - By graveyhog (*) Date 11-16-2007 18:50
Thank you very much ctacker.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI LOW WAGES