Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / moving gauges
- - By elliott (**) Date 11-17-2007 02:01
Hows it going everybody. I was just wondering how hard it is to move the oil and temp guage from the engine to the front of an sa 200 .

Thanks for any info.
elliott
hope everybody has a wonderful thanksgiving
Parent - By cpopham (*) Date 11-17-2007 02:16
It's not hard to do.  If you do it use Murphy guages to help protect your engine.  The set cost about 100$.  They also come with easy directions.  Be careful not to crack your head when you install the temp guage sending unit.
Parent - - By elliott (**) Date 11-17-2007 13:11
Also one other thing i forgot would any one recommend cutting the doors and using piano hinges. So that you can pack stuff around it a little more.thanks again.

elliott
Parent - By dobsalot (**) Date 11-17-2007 15:43
done that, it works great for checking the oil on my old sa200 since my bottle rack sits close to that side of the machine. Doesn't hurt anything to do that, it just alters the appearance of your machine. Since I'm more concerned about the ease of maintenence than how pretty my rig is, it's justifiable!
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 11-19-2007 15:00
I have a couple of customers who have installed bent angle  on the roof edges and on the doors. That way the doors slide from end to end but stay in place with the latches.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 11-21-2007 03:29
i'd like to see some pics of that my doors stay in the shop cause i'm always adding oil and fixing the carb i know get an overhaul and a new carb well i'm tight lol and the machine has used at least 1/2 a quart a day since i had it rebuilt 2 yrs ago i finally found there is blow by on piston #2 so i'll run it til it quits and rebuild it again or get Kaye to do 1 for me by the way that brings up a question for Kaye how much for a rebuilt engine if i bring you a running core
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 11-21-2007 15:39
Shad-
  Call Wayne in Pine Hurst 281-642-7706, he has long and short blocks. I will be running down to see him in a week or so. My engine rebuilder charges me 1600-2000 for overhauls, Wayne quoted me 1100 with exchange. If he is the real deal and great at what he does, I have a new best friend.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / moving gauges