Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / More SA 200 Questions....
- - By Keplinger78 (**) Date 11-21-2007 10:59
Hello All,

What do you have to do to change to Electronic Dist and remove the mag?? My mag clicks when you shut the machine off.It seems cheaper to get a dist,for 1/2 the price of a rebuilt mag.Also I guess that you would have to have a coil and coil mount,new wires. Other than the clicking it starts easy and runs fine.

Thanks Tom K.
Parent - By cpopham (*) Date 11-21-2007 13:27
Contact weldmart.com and they will send you everything you need to change over, it is very simple.  I did it to mine and it was easy.
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 11-21-2007 21:57
Terry with Capitol Lift (Cont. dealer)in OKC has them in stock and can ship direct to you for around $175 complete. Part number K4105A. The mag produces more horsepower than a distributor. And after regular maintence and upkeep on a distributor, after 3 to 5 years you've spent the same as rebuilding your mag once. I run completely thru the mags 350 with exchange. But Wayne in Pine Hurst Texas has them for 175, but not everything is replaced. Just info for you.
Parent - By louieRD (**) Date 11-22-2007 14:24
Relying on a machine daily, what is the most reliable and efficient? A mag vs a dis.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-22-2007 03:57
I don't know about Your machine, but impulse mags I have worked with DO CLICK when You turn them slowly. This is how they make spark at hand cranking speed. A spring is wound up and releases, giving great speed as the armature poles pass the magnet poles.
Parent - By JTMcC (***) Date 11-22-2007 15:41
All 200 mags make that clacking noise when you shut them down, it's perfectly normal.

I've made my living with 200's equipped with a mag, and now one with a distributor. Both have been stone cold reliable.

JTMcC.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / More SA 200 Questions....