Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / **suitecase welder**
- - By 52lincoln (***) Date 11-24-2007 06:05
i was wondering which one to get.my friend is a pipeliner and he said to get a miller because the ln25 is to finigue.they use them on bid work like dog houses on drilling rigs, ext.he said to use it on fencing jobs ,cheaper and faster.which do some of you guys prefer?
Parent - By TANKIE (*) Date 11-24-2007 14:33
HI 52LINCOLN I AM A TANK BUILDER AND WE USE THE LN-25 I LOVE THEM THEY ARE VERY EASY TO OPERATE AND TROUBLESHOOT IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS I THINK THEY ARE VERY RUGGED AND DURABLE, I HAVE ALSO USED THE MILLER SUITCASES ALSO THEY SEEM TO BE AN OK WIRE BOX THEY AFFOER MORE OPTIONS COMPARED TO THE LN-25, MILLER HAS ALL DIGITAL READOUTS FOR VOLTS AND WIRE SPEED, THE MILER ALSO HAS A CRUISECONTROL WITCH IS COOL, IT HELPS OUT WITH ERGONOMICS , HOPE THIS HELPS, TANKIE
Parent - - By cmays (***) Date 11-24-2007 17:28
I run LN25s of all my miller machines. The miller suitcase feeders are nice with all of the bells an wislles but you just cant beat those LN25s as far as suitcase feeders. Ive run aluminum wire (using a gun with a teflon liner), fluxcore, stainless and all different hardwires from 70s-6 to LA100 and never had a problem. Hell iIve even welded well heads on with mine. Covered in mud,dirt,grease,oil and she keeps on feeding!!!
Parent - - By 52lincoln (***) Date 11-24-2007 18:25
well,thnks for your input.i will probably go with the ln25,i see them on ebay all the time for 5-600dollars.just dont want to take a hit u no what i mean.buy somebody elses junk.
Parent - - By cmays (***) Date 11-24-2007 18:36
I bought a couple from an ebayer called netsply. They are out of houston and they sell refurbished machines. I got one with a gun in perfect working condition for around 850. Good price for a great machine that you know will work everytime you need it.
Parent - - By 52lincoln (***) Date 11-24-2007 18:53
thnks i will check em out.where abouts in tx u call hme.
Parent - - By cmays (***) Date 11-25-2007 01:13
Permian Basin Area
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 11-26-2007 07:11
Hi CMAYS is the work still busy up there
Parent - - By cmays (***) Date 11-27-2007 01:12
Hey bud,
It still busy right now and doesnt look like its gonna slow up for me anytime soon. How are you doin? Hows Ryder?
Parent - By Justin O (**) Date 11-29-2007 08:44
Im up here testing from outh texas what are the best paying companies for pipe welders.
Parent - - By nogger Date 11-28-2007 20:46
Hi Nogger from th UK.Thought I would share with you my view on MIG sets, why are miller sets so big and heavy the fectifier is the size of a fridge and the suite case with a full coil on is murder trying to get up down scaffold. I tend to work on rigs, shipyards etc. Kempii make some really  good sets rectifier and suitcase all in one all you need is power and gas and your away!!!! and half the wieght of Miller extreme. cheers everyone!!!
Parent - By 52lincoln (***) Date 11-28-2007 22:05
ive never heard of them
Parent - By cmays (***) Date 11-29-2007 03:30
never heard of them either....wow thats interesting! Yah those ln25s are pretty heavy when loaded with wire.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-29-2007 05:35
Hey Nogger!

That's because they do'nt sell them here in the states!!!
Kempii is made in Finland so, naturally it would be more likely to be popular in Northern Europe/Scandanavia, the UK and even in the eastern part of Russia. You might be able to locate one on E-bay but there's no guarantee on finding one right away. Btw, those Miller suitcases you mentioned are'nt so darn heavy. C'mon!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / **suitecase welder**