Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Does anyone know about this?
- - By andy.kosle Date 11-25-2007 10:46
Hi guys,
What is going on in Miami? I will be there in about 5 days and want to know about the events scheduled there, local entertainment programs or activities which can give me delectation. Does anyone have any idea? Please do let me know.
Thanks!
Parent - - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 11-25-2007 19:49
You poor thing.

Meeami (That is what it is called now.) is now located in an area of the North American continent that used to be part of the USA.  It is now Nuevo Cuba.  There is very little pretense that the area is still part of the USA.  Only the government signs are still in english.  Many restaurants don't even have English menus.  In the Hereford Restaurant near the AWS Headquarters, none of the waiters even speak English and there aren't even English menus.  South Beach is the preferred hot spot if you are a turist with money. 

If you are on budget, there is an IHOP three blocks away.   That Menu is in English and the foor is unpretentious and affordable.  There is also a Checkers hockey puck stand next door.  Down across the street from the Marriot Complex there is very good, but expensive "Catch of the Day" seafood restaurant.  There are great, but pricey, restaurants down in Coral Gables.  There are Great restaurants and entertainment in Coconut Grove.
Parent - By Bob Garner (***) Date 11-26-2007 21:49
Enjoy the best that Cuba has to offer.  Find a good Cuban restaurant and order Ropas Viejas.  It's a great dish!  When you return, I'll send you a recipe for it.  You will want it.

Bob G.
Parent - By makeithot (***) Date 11-26-2007 01:53
Go to Tunas Great food cold beer.
Parent - By david.nic Date 11-26-2007 12:33
Hi,
Welcome to Miami, I am from Miami and I get all Miami information about local entertainment, events, live music, art shows, galleries, block parties, movies, and community events at http://www.scourevents.com .You can get all information there. Wishing you a happy time!!
Parent - By johnnyh (***) Date 11-26-2007 20:15
The airport is crappy but the women are smokin'.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Does anyone know about this?