Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / SA Generator shaft alignment
- - By nevadanick (**) Date 12-02-2007 04:24
I have a 1990 SA 250 perkins and was wondering what the proper way to align the armature after it has been removed from the crank.
I was guessing a dial indicator on the end of the shaft near the exciter while barring the engine ? , but have found no procedure or specs for this, i have checked the lincoln site which has the parts and operators manual, but nothing on major dissasembly/ assembly ?
Parent - - By SA-200 (**) Date 12-02-2007 15:46
huh???
Parent - - By nevadanick (**) Date 12-03-2007 01:46
I was referring to the alignment of the generator shaft and armature in relation to the rotation of the crankshaft, just wanted to make sure it is true.
so just imagine the armature bolted to the engine with the generator housing removed ok, so i want to check its alignment to get it inline as possible with the crank and was looking for some specs and a procedure, i know its not necessary and you cant adjust it much (just the amount of clearance in the drive plate bolts and holes)  but id like to have it as good as it can get. 
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 12-03-2007 18:11
The armature will only bolt to the backing plate and flywheel one way. The bolt pattern is offset for that reason.
Parent - By SA-200 (**) Date 12-04-2007 02:19
It all bolts together, no adjusting that i know of.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / SA Generator shaft alignment