Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / 4130
- - By Taintedhalo (*) Date 12-06-2007 17:48
I am stuck. Can anyone tell me what Code or Codes cover 4130 for doing PQR's. Or if their is a diffrent ASTM number for it. I am very new to Alloy's, mainly work with Group 1 Group 2. If anyone can point me in a direction that would be great.(Dosen't even have to be the right direction just a direction.)
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 12-06-2007 18:15
What type of work is this for? The job usually dictates what code is required to be adhered to. Are there any job specifications?
Parent - By Taintedhalo (*) Date 12-06-2007 20:04
The customer dose not call out a Governing code, it is for the Oil industry, and the part we are going to be making from the PQR is a handle. Type of process is our call, type of filler is our call as long as it passes the testing. Really it is a open book to do the job. Thats why I am looking for direction.
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 12-06-2007 21:04
AWS B2.1 is a standard for qualifying welding procedures and welders.

It will not provide direction as to what filler metal to use with different base metals nor will it provide direction on proper shop practices.

Best regards - Al
Parent - By dschlotz (***) Date 01-01-2008 15:00
I took just a couple of minutes on the web to find at least ten pages of possible answers to your need to know about 4130 steel. Go to ask.com and type in 4130. Suppliers usually know how to weld special alloys (and, or) where to get the information.  Here is just one the looked interesting http://www.benedictmiller.com/

Dennis
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / 4130