Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Need Top Quality American Air Hose, Fittings, and Ext. Cords
- - By Blaster (***) Date 12-09-2007 20:05
I need to outfit a new large shop and need top quality domestic air hose, fittings, and extension cords.

Air hose needs to be excellent quality that (obviously) are resistant to burns common in welding operations.  They must also be reasonably "dead".... ie lay flat and coil without an attitude.  3/8" ID, other than black color preferred.

I need quality 1/4" "T-Type" fittings that will hold up to air chisel use.  Does anyone make 1/4" fittings in the USA anymore?  Who?

I also want tough, flexible 12 or 10 gauge extension cords.  Colored.

Price of items is not really an issue... I want quality and American manufacture.

I would appreciate names of manufacturers and/or vendors who can provide these items, thanks.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 12-10-2007 03:34
On the air chisels I suggest You put a foot of hose between the coupler and the tool. This makes the coupler last a lot longer and gives better flexability, and it makes the long air hose last longer too. This is a good idea on any air tools, but especially on tools that vibrate a lot. If You order from a major industrial supplier like MSC, Hagmer or McMaster Carr and specify top quality American made products only they should be able to satisfy You. The good stuff is expensive, but it can be worth it.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Need Top Quality American Air Hose, Fittings, and Ext. Cords