Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / how do i find test results
- - By crazycajun (**) Date 12-26-2007 19:36
how do i find test results for someone if they passed the cwi test or not
Parent - - By commonarc (**) Date 12-26-2007 21:47
They sent me my results with the scores for each of the three part test along with a combined overall average.
They don't break it down by question, just by chapters or areas of study.
The CWI interviewing for a job should have them available upon request if he took the test in the past year or so.
Parent - - By David Lee (*) Date 12-29-2007 04:28
It will take around 3 months give or take, You will be notified through the mail.
They ask that you do not call concerning this due to the volume of people testing.
Parent - - By MBlaha (***) Date 12-29-2007 05:29 Edited 12-29-2007 05:38
I had my results in 7 weeks. The thing about that that gets me, is that if you do not pass, it used to be, (not sure if it still is that way) that you could retake the test in 30 days at no cost. The thing is, you do not find out before the 30 days are up LOL.
Parent - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 12-29-2007 11:06
MBlaha

It has never been the policy to allow you to re-take the examination for no charge.  In fact it used to be the policy that you couldn't re-take the exam in less than 30 days.
Parent - By ctacker (****) Date 12-29-2007 07:40
i had my results in 4 weeks, but you can find out in 2 weeks if you do what this says
http://www.aws.org/cgi-bin/mwf/topic_show.pl?pid=75126;hl=2%20weeks#pid75126

AWS said they are trying to get results out in 3-4 weeks, and they did for me!
Parent - - By Jim Hughes (***) Date 12-29-2007 21:49
crazycajun,
is this for you or are you trying to find out if someone who says they are a CWI is truely a CWI?

Jim
Parent - By crazycajun (**) Date 12-31-2007 14:09
someone i know went test and is kinda giving the run around on the test results. didnt really say he passed but didnt say he failed, but the way he talks about it he makes it sound like he is the king of kings so i was just curious as to know if it was public information, so i could find out it he it full of it or not. i have not yet tested i plan to test in april in baton rouge la with real education.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / how do i find test results