Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Model Railroading
- - By fbrieden (***) Date 12-31-2007 03:59
Just getting started in the hobby, now that I have the time, space, and the kids are in college$$$$
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 12-31-2007 04:23
A good friend of Mine was into HO, and was modeling the steel and related industries of Pittsburgh Pa. in His basment. His friend was modeling Norfolk Va. above His garage. These were both pretty serious layouts, niether of them got completed as both guys passed on a coupple years ago. If You are interested I could inquire as to what has become of these layouts. Thet are/were both near Ocean City Md.
Parent - By yorkiepap (***) Date 01-02-2008 00:44
Hey fbrieden,
Just wondering what group of trains you may be delving into, "O", "N", "HO"??? My younger brother is getting out of his train hobby after 40 years. He is going to start selling his collection a bit at a time. He has over 6000 units of different gauges, 700-1000 buildings/structures, and miles of track. His items are pristine and some are quite rare and some new in sealed containers. Also, he has many unopened sets of various configurations & RR lines, ie., Pennsy, B & O, Santa Fe, & Norfolk & Western amongst some. If you have any interest in anything, PM me and I will give you information to contact him......  Denny
Parent - By webbcity (***) Date 01-02-2008 00:55 Edited 01-02-2008 00:57
fbrieden , i'm going to foward a page to you if i can it's a 16" gage with about 1/4 mile of track . it scares me to look at it because i may get to interested in it . good luck . willie 
Parent - By kelly_b (*) Date 01-13-2008 02:55
I wanted to get into it, but hot danggit does it get pricey. Not to mention I don't have room for it. Maybe if I was older and had more time in my hands. :)
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Model Railroading