Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Metallurgy / 1st question
- - By ctacker (****) Date 01-04-2008 22:20
I Guess my question could fall under this topic.

Is anyone familiar with shoe track Master 900 triple grouser shoe from CAT? I was handed a job (to plug some holes) with no material type or what kind of filler to use and i ask our salesman and his answer is to call the welding supply, tell them i am welding an unknown material (except the BHN is known to be 443 to 543) and ask them what i should use,LOL
this jobs gonna sit till i get some info!
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 01-04-2008 23:19
Oh yea, I almost forgot Joe, where can i find a good SA200? :)
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-05-2008 06:35
Did you try to get in contact with Cat's technical support department?
They might be able to steer you in the right direction

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 01-05-2008 07:28
Yes Henry, I called and left an E-mail, also called our customer and emailed them, told them when i get some info we should be able to start work, but not until!
Maybe its the holiday or something, but seems no one is working this week!

thanks,
Carl
Parent - - By Sean (**) Date 01-06-2008 00:04
CAT's Technical Department is usually quite responsive (IMHO).  Depending on the part they don't give material information; however, they will generally tell you what welding consumable to use.

Depending on how much CAT equipment your customer has they may be able to access CAT's special instructions and be able to access the information directly from CAT.
Parent - By ctacker (****) Date 01-07-2008 22:17
Thanks Sean,
I got ahold of CAT and they sent me to a N C Machinery, they said they dont do those anymore, but thier weldshop says 7018 or eq.
and no preheat!
Up Topic Welding Industry / Metallurgy / 1st question