Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Lincoln SA-250 Question! Please Help!
- - By am0resperr0s1 (*) Date 01-05-2008 21:04
Hello Guys! I have a question!  For some reason my machine wont Idle up! What may be the problem?! I already bought a new PC board, but still no Idle! I put the Idler switch on automatic, and on high, and does not Idle! Please Help guys! What's going on?!
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 01-09-2008 15:01
How long have you had the machine? Are you sure it is at idle speed? Make sure the linkage is not bound up. Make sure the injector pump is operating properly. If something has failed in your pump the arm off of it will not move easily. Did you put a factory board on it. Is the board mounted properly?
Parent - - By am0resperr0s1 (*) Date 01-11-2008 04:56
I've been having the machine for a couple of years now! It works great, but all of a sudden it wont idle up! I put a new Pc board from weldmart.com, but still no work! What's goin' on?!
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 01-11-2008 15:48
So you installed a Weldtron board you bought from Weld-Mart. (Lincoln OEM board M13708 is $89) If the new board installation did not fix your problem I would say that wasn't the problem in the first place. What is the code of your machine? Do you have engine protection on your machine? The pc board has mounting stand offs. I would make sure the metal they are mounted on is clean (this way the board has a good ground).

12 volts DC to the solenoid pulls in the plunger and idles the machine down. The loss (or time delay grounding of this voltage by the pc board) of this 12vdc releases the plunger in the solenoid and idles your machine up. **Do not have machine running while doing the following----The wires to the solenoid have numbers on them 56 and 57. Locate 56 and disconnect it. Using a battery connect the positive lead to the stud you just removed wire 56 from. THE PLUNGER SHOULD PULL IN (IDLE DOWN). When you remove the 12v the plunger will release (idle up). Reconnect wire 56.**** If the solenoid does not operate properly check for mechanical restriction in the linkage or a missing spring. The solenoid coil resistance is 9 ohms
You need to look for faulty or loose connections in your wiring. Look for missing or loose parts to your solenoid, such as linkage and springs. It is not uncommon for the linkage arm to come loose of the injector. Or for the spring to fall off. Wire 56 should be the bottom wire on the solenoid, it also goes to your idle switch and "Y" termianl of the board.
Parent - - By am0resperr0s1 (*) Date 01-12-2008 04:40
The Code on my machine is 9022! WoW! Thanks alot for helping me! So you want me to the following, then turn my machine up!!?! and see what happens?!
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 01-12-2008 19:08
check the operation of the solenoid with an external power supply to make sure the solenoid works. If it works then check for missing linkage. There should be a spring on th eplunger of the solenoid. Then let me know.
Parent - By am0resperr0s1 (*) Date 01-13-2008 04:52
I'll do it this week! and i'll definetley will let you know! Again, Thank You So Much!    Tony R.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Lincoln SA-250 Question! Please Help!