Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / having trouble finding the sweet spot on my 76 s.a 200
- - By Leo27 (*) Date 01-09-2008 01:17
trying to downhand with it bead5p+ 5/32 hotpass and hotfill 70+ 3/16 trying to keep it tight far as the whipping action and stop the bug holes should  i go back and forth if so how do i keep it tight or side to side  again how to tight far as a good looking cap  can some one give me pointers
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 01-09-2008 20:38
If the gas pockets are small and on the edge of the weld, it is more an electrode problem. If you are getting the occasional gp in the middle of the weld and you cannot se it form in the cooling weld pool behind you may be traveling too fast. If you are running in the 240 range, try the 190 and visa versa. You will have to change the fine up and down depending on which range. If this is occasional, there is not much you can do about it. If it is regular and occurs between 2-3 and 10-9 it could be the way you are holding the rod and long arcing. Another thing is to try a shorter arc but then you have to slow down.
BABRT's
Parent - By Leo27 (*) Date 01-09-2008 23:20
i will try it see what happens thanks for the in put i need to get this under control i want to make happen
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / having trouble finding the sweet spot on my 76 s.a 200